Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Besides the doors I never saw the hype. Most of the reviews i've heard have always been "meh", maybe the black series is different.

I would rather get an SL63, or a 65....no wait, I told myself I would never buy another mercedes.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Besides the doors I never saw the hype. Most of the reviews i've heard have always been "meh", maybe the black series is different.

I would rather get an SL63, or a 65....no wait, I told myself I would never buy another mercedes.

clarkson gave the SLS a great review... and despite his biases, i find myself agreeing with most of his reviews.

the SLS has an masterpiece of an engine, gorgeous comfortable interior, daily drivability, and instantly recognizable looks with sounds to match..... at $150k its amazing.... not much else in that price range id take over it
and the Black series is on a whole different level.

between an SLS and a SL63, id definitely go SLS, much more exclusive..... but vs an SL65 thats a hard choice.... the V12 in the 65 is just amazing.
i really wish they had done a V12 SLS

·
Registered
904 Posts

Have you ever driven one?

I mean REALLY driven one and not just on a regular road?

If yes, your opinion would be different! ;)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
clarkson gave the SLS a great review... and despite his biases, i find myself agreeing with most of his reviews.

the SLS has an masterpiece of an engine, gorgeous comfortable interior, daily drivability, and instantly recognizable looks with sounds to match..... at $150k its amazing.... not much else in that price range id take over it
and the Black series is on a whole different level.

between an SLS and a SL63, id definitely go SLS, much more exclusive..... but vs an SL65 thats a hard choice.... the V12 in the 65 is just amazing.
i really wish they had done a V12 SLS
I just remember clarkson driving the SLS and the C63 and he was just sliding, but that could be all for show and have the traction control off, can't remember. One of my favourite TG moments was the american supercar challenge and they have to do the drive by shooting, and Jeremy has the SLS doors open and is using a AR-15?.

I've heard several reviews from people who weren't too impressed with the SLS, one of them being matt and rob from super speeders. The black series does look much nicer.

Have you ever driven one?

I mean REALLY driven one and not just on a regular road?

If yes, your opinion would be different! ;)
Nope, i've also never driven a car with a $100k sticker price, I can imagine it would be nice for a first timer, or someone who hardly ever drivers super cars.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just remember clarkson driving the SLS and the C63 and he was just sliding, but that could be all for show and have the traction control off, can't remember. One of my favourite TG moments was the american supercar challenge and they have to do the drive by shooting, and Jeremy has the SLS doors open and is using a AR-15?.

I've heard several reviews from people who weren't too impressed with the SLS, one of them being matt and rob from super speeders. The black series does look much nicer.

Nope, i've also never driven a car with a $100k sticker price, I can imagine it would be nice for a first timer, or someone who hardly ever drivers super cars.
So you're officially invited to drive one back to back with a C Black if you're in Europe next time! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's an amazing car for the money.
I find it more fun than my SL65 black series. That car just has too much power for its own good. It's almost dead silent as well.

I lowered my SLS and fitted it with great rubber, and the thing is amazing. I'd definitely get it over an SL or and Audi R8

Still though, nothing compares to my McLaren 12C

Reactions: One_Percent

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
how does the car handle compared to the R8 and 911s/GT3?
LOL.

Just as a comparison:

Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V10 5.2 FSI quattro = 7.44 min
Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V10 PLUS 5.2 FSI quattro = 7.45 min
Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V8 4.2 quattro = 8.04 min

And concerning the GT3 - completely different story since the GT3 is a completely different car (manual gearbox, no air-con, cage, stock coilovers, etc...). You can't compare them without being unfair...

·
Registered
553 Posts
LOL.

Just as a comparison:

Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V10 5.2 FSI quattro = 7.44 min
Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V10 PLUS 5.2 FSI quattro = 7.45 min
Stock SLS Nordschleife = 7.40 min / Stock R8 V8 4.2 quattro = 8.04 min

And concerning the GT3 - completely different story since the GT3 is a completely different car (manual gearbox, no air-con, cage, stock coilovers, etc...). You can't compare them without being unfair...

But you forgot to mention which is more fun to drive
the sls is not that fun to drive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Highest horsepower naturally aspirated production V8 in the world just meh? hmmm.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
In my eyes a RWD is always more fun to drive an AWD car - but that's, besides the R8's lack of bhp, up to one's personal taste...

Had them both and kept the SLS... ;)
The r8 note is more naughty hahahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts