Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L4P,

Going to Vail in Feb. 2011 for Valentines Day with my girlfriend. Trying to pick something really cool for her and I - 5 nights - prefer location over everything else but obvioulsy want a nice place, views, etc.

Any ideas/recomendations???

Thank you. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
i'm in Breckenridge, CO.. i have an epic pass which is good at Vail. i'll drive over for a day and shred with a fellow Philly resident. (well, i'm a post-philly resident.. but a native nonetheless) only about 40 mins away.

-doug

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben, u stayed here? Is it right in the village...walk right out of hotel and into the shops/bars/etc of Vail? Thanks a lot for the link.

i'm in Breckenridge, CO.. i have an epic pass which is good at Vail. i'll drive over for a day and shred with a fellow Philly resident. (well, i'm a post-philly resident.. but a native nonetheless) only about 40 mins away.

-doug
Doug, sounds good man! Breck is actually my fav mountain, but my girl doesnt ski so Vail wins for "other than skiiing" stuff in my mind (shops, etc) - def some ride for the day, that would be awesome!

oh its on baby!!! very funny :laugh:

Ben is right ^ the lodge at vail
Another vote for the lodge at vail!? hmmm....even better than the new Four Seasons going in?

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
351 Posts
definitely let me know when you lock in some dates dude. take a day trip over to breck, man.. i work for Vail Resorts, i'll try to get you on the lifts for free.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
definitely let me know when you lock in some dates dude. take a day trip over to breck, man.. i work for Vail Resorts, i'll try to get you on the lifts for free.
Very cool!...i will PM you when i know. I only and snowboarding one day (just me) so it would be fun to have someone to ride with. The Glades at Breck are still one of my fav runs of all time!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't mean to interrupt this, but I am looking at Vail and Aspen for a trip in march- is there a reason why you chose vail over aspen?

on a side note jetsetter.com has the lodge at vail on there discounted from time to time so keep your eye out for it

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't mean to interrupt this, but I am looking at Vail and Aspen for a trip in march- is there a reason why you chose vail over aspen?

on a side note jetsetter.com has the lodge at vail on there discounted from time to time so keep your eye out for it
I chose Vail because i have been there before and want to show my girlfriend. The back bowls at Vail are also AWESOME for skiing/snowboarding if you are into that + the village is really cool there too. I am sure Aspen is a great place as well, just sticking with what i know for now....

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I chose Vail because i have been there before and want to show my girlfriend. The back bowls at Vail are also AWESOME for skiing/snowboarding if you are into that + the village is really cool there too. I am sure Aspen is a great place as well, just sticking with what i know for now....

Thanks for the tip!
definitely looking for a place to ride which both aspen and vail offer, trying to distinguish which one has more to do after the mountains close- how is the nightlife in vail?

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
definitely looking for a place to ride which both aspen and vail offer, trying to distinguish which one has more to do after the mountains close- how is the nightlife in vail?
Vail wont disapoint from a terrain standpoint - and i think is larger than Aspen by a good bit.

I dont know much on the nightlife front as i was only 18 when i was there last but the village has some awesome shops and there are lots of cool little places to eat. Im sure the bars/pubs there are cool as well....

·
Registered
351 Posts
you guys want nightlife, come on up to breck during season! i'll be riding breck/keystone/abasin/vail all year.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 28 Posts