Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats your fave?

I always go with homemade hot cider with lots of cane sugar and cinnamon.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Non-alcoholic: Cider for sure and lots of different teas. There are a couple cool tea shops close to my place, so I have been trying some different ones. I also drink quite a bit of coffee.

Alcoholic: Hot Tody's and Spanish Coffees

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Glühwein

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a solid collection of Herbal teas for the winter months.
But I will be honest, I abuse my espresso maker multiple times a day.
if i didnt have a weak stomach (from years of eating spicy foods) I would drink espressos every day couple of times a day. my wife uses ours religiously. makes me hella jealous.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I just got some ginger peach green tea bags...I want to have something warm to drink in the freezing office that has a bit of caffeine, but isn't coffee.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Not hot, but Julmust is a must for holiday season.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This may sound gross to some but I like a double espresso with a starlight mint dropped in. For those that don't know a starlight mint is the little red and while circular candy that you often get when exiting restaurants.

On the alcoholic side, Hot cider with a splash of pear vodka is pretty good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glühwein and jäger (cold) as this will warm you up :clap:

Glühwein: hot red wine with spices? correct me if Im wrong.
Just got back from Stuttgart and had lots of glühwein =)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wassail- would be my fav.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 bottle of apple juice
1/2 bottle of cranberry juice
1 orange (navel)
cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks

Take the orange and pierce it with the cloves, place it along with some allspice, nutmeg and a few cinnamon sticks into the juice. Allow it to simmer all day on low/med heat... its very aromatic and tasty. I use a crockpot so I don't have to leave the stove on all day.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that sounds great.. i am going to try that...by all day, you mean simmer for 24 hours straight or 15-18 hours will do?

·
Registered
58 Posts
blue blazer

add 3 oz boiling water to metal mug

add 1 oz over proof rum (151), 1 oz bourbon (makers mark 46), 1 oz cognac (remy martin vsop), 4 dashes angostura bitters, 1 oz old fashioned syrup to a second metal mug. light on fire.

slowly begin rolling the alcoholic ingredients and the water back and forth from mug to mug

as you roll the drink, position your mugs and farther and farther apart vertically to increase the length of the flame

once thoroughly mixed, add cinnamon, watch the flame spark, and quickly cap one mug with the other to snuff the flame

serve in a brandy snifter with a slice of lemon

old fashioned syrup:
550 ml turbinado sugar, 200 ml bourbon (makers mark 46), 100 ml angostura bitters. combine in sauce pan over medium heat. stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. let cool and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
^^ I would burn the house down.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts