Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a small used cruiser bike. Specifically comparing a honda shadow 600vlx vs a Yamaha 650 v star. I'm 6ft 4" 210 lbs. so ergonomics play a decent role. Currently riding around on a grom lol. Want to see if a cruiser bike is what i like before buying a bigger nicer model. any suggestions? pros/cons?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Have you also looked at the Harley Eight? If I were to get a cruiser that'd be my choice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
you mean harley forty eight? if so I'd say those are a little bit small for someone 6'4. not impossible just on the small side. as for the yamaha or honda...both are ok bikes and will run forever with very little maintenance. downside is those are pretty much the camry's of motorcycling. no personality at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes,both are ok bikes and will run forever with very little maintenance. downside is those are pretty much the camry's of motorcycling. no personality at all.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Never enjoyed riding a cruiser but my friend has a honda magna I think? It's a good size and can be had relatively in expensively. If it were me and considering a cruiser I'd split the difference and get something like a Ducati monster just my .02 tho

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I'm too indecisive! I live in an apartment and the bike will sit outside, so don't want a really nice bike sitting outside. It is used solely for commuting to class 10 min away. I've been looking at plating my crf450x or picking up a cheap enduro. I think I've come to the conclusion i don't want a big heavy cruiser for parking on campus. urghhh I want one of each!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts