Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Auto Debut - Honda NSX | Auto Debut

So as per MotorTrend the Honda NSX lives. Remember when Honda had to kill the project because the economy was dieing and all of us thought it was the end of the world ... well they did not kill it. Instead they have supposedly modified a Honda Accord platform into a 400hp real wheel drive beast.

It will not be a v-10 monster however most likely it will be a mid-engine v-6 pony. The Honda NSX makes sense because an employee was quoted saying "Honda does not see the CR-Z as a sports car. It's a sporty coupe and a great first try in the hybrid-sports direction. To be called a sports car, a car needs to have the potential of an NSX or an S2000. That's what we need to aim for."

Auto Debut - Honda NSX | Auto Debut

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks Like and R8 Front with a Jag concept rear.
Not feeling it.

and IDK about using the accord wheelbase.
above all a honda sports car has to handle like no other, and idk if mass produced wheelbases will cut it.

plus how much more hp they think they going to get out of their c series-v6's?
maybe the aid of direct injection can boost it up some. but imo 400hp has to be the mark for this to make sense at all and dont see them getting to that point.

should be interesting to see...

·
Banned
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm sure that whatever honda ends up making will def be a great car. Doesn't need the gobs of power like a supercar. Just enough to drive it around the tracks. They've always been into designing the car for economic and track driving. Like when the NSX launched back in the early 90's, it was killing almost everything on the tracks.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
400 hp....when the comp is pushing 600 is not gona cut it
The comp is also pushing $200k more lol

I wouldn't mind a 350-400hp engine in a small light weight platform. The nsx all it ever needed was a little more curves. JDM companies need a newer FD lol

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The comp is also pushing $200k more lol

I wouldn't mind a 350-400hp engine in a small light weight platform. The nsx all it ever needed was a little more curves. JDM companies need a newer FD lol
zr1, viper acr are other cars in its range.

and i am willing to bet that a nsx now will be 150 or more.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
^boom...exactly...kinda like the LF-A, over priced yet its under powered etc.
From the sound of it, Honda is aiming to do exactly the opposite. The accord chassis is plentiful and above all else, cheap. Using materials that are already being produced saves costs, which directly affects the cost of the car. I hope they don't place the car in the same price bracket as the ZR1, etc. but that might just happen. Most people don't really understand the HP and weight relationship and automatically think that the car will be an under performer just because it has less HP. Ultimately, if they put out a capable and balanced chassis, even with less HP, the NSX will spank most of the competition.

Honda has REALLY disappointed me in the last few years with their choices. Hopefully, they can turn it around with this one.

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
only props i give honda is the fact that they can somewhat hang with the competition with out FORCED INDUCTION...but thats where is stops...i am looking forward to this regardless, i just dont want to get my hopes up and set my self up for failure :p

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
From the sound of it, Honda is aiming to do exactly the opposite. The accord chassis is plentiful and above all else, cheap. Using materials that are already being produced saves costs, which directly affects the cost of the car. I hope they don't place the car in the same price bracket as the ZR1, etc. but that might just happen. Most people don't really understand the HP and weight relationship and automatically think that the car will be an under performer just because it has less HP. Ultimately, if they put out a capable and balanced chassis, even with less HP, the NSX will spank most of the competition.

Honda has REALLY disappointed me in the last few years with their choices. Hopefully, they can turn it around with this one.
honda has never been the king of horsepower to weight or torque..and they used lots of off the shelf stuff for the nsx....still cost 82 grand. and this was back in the early 90s.
nsx was 290hp (optimistic) and was 3100 lbs...not really the best power to weight ratio. same goes for the s2000. 240 hp and 2800 lbs.

also hp to weight matters little at higher speeds...its all about aero and usable torque. you can have all the high rpm hp you want but it will be dogshit slow without some crazy high gearing (another honda trickery) or a flat torque curve (real world performance)
I suspect the nsx to be priced higher than its american comp...thats how they have allways been...cant see it change.

(i am a former nsx owner and i loved that car to death but it was overpriced and underpowered)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts