Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm thinking of getting a ~2004 Range I didn't realize they go for only about 20k. Anyway looking at a Range Rover with around 65k miles am I asking for trouble? I do not drive much, I had my car now since May 06 and only have 27000 miles on it. I know Range's aren't quite the most reliable, and do not want to get stuck in a situation where I have to fix the thing often. Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
65k you can pretty much buy a new range rover sport. and their beautiful. I've had my range rover sport for a year now and I love it even more everyday.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
65k you can pretty much buy a new range rover sport. and their beautiful. I've had my range rover sport for a year now and I love it even more everyday.
His price range is 20K.

Thats how much I sold my '04 for. It was in the shop about 10 times in the three years I owned it. But I put about 60K miles on it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would suggest finding one with a warranty of some form....

I loved mine, but if I didnt have the warranty I would have hated it!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just picked up a RR about a month ago with some higher miles. For peace of mind, I purchased an aftermarket warranty for ~$5k

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I wouldn't buy a RR without warranty, u might get it for cheap but you are going to end Up spending just as much if not more fixing it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
As has been said, a warranty is advised, preferably the extended warranty; seven years, 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Prepare to have electrical problems. If you can go for a supercharged model. Although not fast it is far more enjoyable to drive than the HSE. Torque is fun.

Also Co-Sign on Warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just sold my 04 range in September. It only had 44k miles on it. I'm glad I got the aftermarket warranty on it! The front air ride went out twice in 4 months! The water pump went out once a month after I got it. Don't get me wrong it's a beauitful truck but get the warranty!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can't attest to the FFRR (full fat Range Rover), but I've got a '08 Sport Supercharged and a '11 Sport Supercharged and have had literally zero problems. Maybe I'm lucky, but I can't complain (vs. my friend, whose '11 BMW X5 has spent a week and a half in service already).

As others have said though, I would get a warranty (when possible, with any used car).

·
Registered
56 Posts
The late 90's RR are nightmares!!!! I had a 1997 4.6 HSE, was back in the shop within first week for a rattle in the back then 3 weeks laster the electrical gremlins came out. I hear the 2010's are way improved but that still isn't saying much.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would suggest finding one with a warranty of some form....

I loved mine, but if I didnt have the warranty I would have hated it!
+1. I bought an '00 from a dealership 2 years this May for a stupidly low price. Had all the service records and checked out by another tech. Its been in the shop 3 times outside of general service and maintenance; this last time being the right head gasket. Be being the thinker I am, I opted not the get an aftermarket warranty when I bought it. Not one of my wiser moves. $3500 gone for not thinking longer term.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do not buy an out of warranty. I have two of these trucks they both have the same types of problems. It's not even big things just little things, but if you have to pay they will add up huge. They look unreal.....but the service departments on these things are the worst!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts