Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my STi and am looking to get something more "grown up" and was looking at some 03-04 Range Rover HSE's all with between 70,000 - 85,000 miles. I'm still in college so I want to keep the price below or at $20,000.

So my question is have any of you had one with this high of mileage(not really high at all but just curious) and are there any major problems or things to be concerned about?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
If u buy the range rover that you r talking about you will put $10-20k into it in the next 18 months.

My 04 just passed 60k miles. I know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have to say, so far so good with our Lr3, we just hit 68k and not a problem with her. I almost got an rrs but the 911 was calling my name.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have a 2000 RR creeping on 73K. So far, out side general maintenance and headliner starting to come down (I left the sunroof cracked while raining, thats on me) I haven't had any problems, knock on wood. Bought is used off lease for a steal.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Can't tell you much about high mileage LRs but the only experience I had was with a 2010 RR SC. Sold it within its first 500 miles. Part of the TFT screen blinked randomly and went black a few times. Check engine came on and off. I guess I bought a bad one. Not all are like that apparently.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
^^ Had seen a picture of it. Looks much better than what I thought. Ford stepped it up a notch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We own two Range Rovers.
A 2004 and a 2008.

Our 2004 (for sale) has 82000 miles on it an also an extended warranty till 100K or 07/2011. The important thing about Range Rovers is that they rely on their proper maintenance being done. Its funny to see many people buying a Range Rover second hand and expecting them to be problem free the rest of their on road life.

Fact is, I have not spent 10K on my rover, but I have spent about > 1.5K a year on it keeping it in great running shape. Such as replacing all coolant hoses rather than just one that burst. Or replacing all ware out items such as air suspension parts.

If you just keep up with the up keep you will not be left on the side of the road.

Our 2004 has had two issues, one was replaced by the recall and the second by extended warranty (coolant tank).

Our 2008 has been a charm also, but we did not purchase an extended warranty for this one because it was wasted on the 2004.

I do agree that there have been some RRs that have has quality issues, but LR has always taken care of them.

You want something that wont brake, by a plain TOYO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If u buy the range rover that you r talking about you will put $10-20k into it in the next 18 months.

My 04 just passed 60k miles. I know.
WOW, 10 - 20K??? interesting number there. Must have replaced engine, interior, repainted the exterior and put in a leather headline. :lol: 10-20K yea right. Maybe 1-5K is a realistic number.

My 04 just passed 82K miles an I know

·
Registered
57 Posts
^ that says it all

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used to work at a Land Rover shop in high school. I wouldn't buy one unless they've got full maintenance records and you know for a fact that they've taken care of it really well. They aren't too bad as long as you take care of them really well...but most people don't lol. Just buy it keeping in mind that you might have to spend a lot on it in the future if it hasn't been maintained really well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts