Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You do know that almost everyone is in debt right? And we all face similar problems in life.... This is a horrible campaign and none of it even adds up..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep everyone is but how this has happened is absolutely disgusting, we are trying to help the best we can that's all,
If the ppl of l4p doesn't want to help the thread can be removed,

It's ok anyway the thread can be deleted we will help our friend another way,

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While it wasn't rly an amazing reason to raise money it might have helped, basically she had just had her second child and her husband had left her for her best friend but before he went (this part was planned) he had left her in colossal debt £150k (around $250/300,000 dollars) basically took all this money to set up his new life and left, so with her raising 2 very young children one is a few weeks old the other a couple of years she was facing the prospect of been on the streets unless she could clear all the nightmare her ex had left her. she had no one at all to turn to apart from friends who simply couldn't afford that much. The father wants nothing to do with his own kids so they are currently with god parents and she obviously couldn't take any more so she jumped off a bridge. The suicide notes that she had with her and also posted through doors were heartbreaking. Post natal depression and the bastard that was her ex! Now 2 children face the prospect of never knowing their mother and possibly their father!

As said wasn't an amazing reason to raise money but it would have helped, the money we did raise has gone towards funeral costs it's also gone towards a professional video of all her photos for her kids for when they're older and the rest we raised went towards helping others suffering with post natal depression. We raised £15000 which compared to what was needed wasn't enough in time.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Do those things happen? Yes. Do I buy your story no way in hell. There are social services and social safety nets in place in our society to prevent people from becoming homeless. She could take him to court for child support and half of everything he got, or file for bankruptcy, go to a woman's shelter and get social housing and money to raise her kids while she gets back on her feet. But then again I don't by your story.

Post partum depression is the only real problem in this whole story everything else is just soap opera drama

Etherway none of what's been mentioned in this thread will be or should be fixed with donating money

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the uk yes we have social services, we also have councils that provide council houses or homeless shelters, she was battling with post natal depression plus her husband had taken loans out against their house and business and run everything into the ground while she was off on maternity leave, then he just took all the money and went no one knows where so she couldn't have got child support etc etc and her kids would have more than likely been taken into care.

So unfortunately post natal depression mixed with everything else is obviously what drove her to this decision and that's that.
If it was me I'd have handled it differently but the human mind differs from person to person, a sad end but nothing more can be said!

I've asked for this thread to be deleted

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts