Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey l4p ... i have known about you guys for a while now from family friends and what not.

About me ... well i am a kid at college nothing special.

I dont really post here just look around, however i recently totaled my car so i need a new one.

I can't decide between a bmw 135i or a bmw e46 m3.

I am leaning towards the m3 because it seems like a better overall performance car. The only reason i have the bmw 135i in mind is because it is a newer bmw e46 m3 i guess.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not a fan of the 135, would go for the e46 m3 but then again may be more troublesome due to age in comparison to the 135 which is as you say a newer car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
M3.

Honestly, the 1er was a mistake styling wise. It has the same problems as the other N54 engines (HPFP), which is a pain ($) to fix if you're buying used and it's out of warranty. I know the e46 has it's problems too (corrosion right guys?) but overall i think it's a pretty solid car and the ///M will not let you down with performance or available aftermarket parts like the 1-er will.

If you're think about the 135, and it's not the size you like, why not check the 335 e92? It has alot more aftermarket options and community support out there. The 1-er has kinda just fell flat with the BMW community.

EDIT: oh yea, welcome to the 4!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool ...

I guess ill go with the e46 m3. Another question for this generation of m3 should i pick manual transmission or the flappy pedal one.

thanks for the inputs and the welcomes.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Welcome to the 4

Im also gonna cast my vote for the e46 m3.

You can pick one up dirt cheap and mod the hell out of it!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Welcome to the 4! Go M3 for sure, the SMG on the e46 is very good and couple guys I know who have it swear by it

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you can get CPO then go with 135, if your buying either used with no warr then go e46 m3. Either way you wont be wrong, they are just different types of cars for different types of drivers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts