Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
You asked if we would wear one and my response was a no I just feel like a belt serves a purpose and you can have a great belt for under $80 and it will perform just as good as a belt that is $500-$800. I would rather save that extra money and put it towards a piece of art or something that you can have forever that is original. Each is own tho !
This...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I will pick up where Dutchie left off.

This is whats wrong with our generation they think its acceptable to spend a grand on a belt yet they dont even own the house or condo they live in or the car they drive. Everything is so backwards.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Cmon guys, he just asked for some opinions, don't let this turn into a thread about how acceptable it is to buy luxury goods...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
+1. This site is called luxury4play after all.

T
I definetly agree but we have alot of young members that arent able to play yet and its important to maybe guide them sometimes in the right direction so they can achieve financial solidity which allows you to have the toys and big houses down the road. I am done though and didnt mean to ruin the thread. My apologies.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No worries, I totally support your thoughts, that there are some ppl who can't handle their money, but that's not a reason for putting me into this group, just because I asked for opinions toowards a belt. If I couldn't buy it, I wouldn't even dare ask fof opinions. I'm maybe one of the most conservative ones when it comes to spending - not investing.

Plus, I asked for opinions towards a good that doesnt scream money like a golden watch with diamonds on it...

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
This true but its all about prioritizes and luxury.... Same reason people buy Rolex and Timex.

You asked if we would wear one and my response was a no I just feel like a belt serves a purpose and you can have a great belt for under $80 and it will perform just as good as a belt that is $500-$800. I would rather save that extra money and put it towards a piece of art or something that you can have forever that is original. Each is own tho !

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
But all that somehow has the bitter taste of a guy who thinks to know of anyones financial situation, hasn't it?
If it was different, he wouldn't have made his statement :confused:

Anyway, thread ruined. But I know that I'm gonna buy one... Now with the (good) feeling of going against some peoples boxed thinking.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i would go with hermes...i myself have the same belt in blue/black, personally i think that the quality feels better than other brands like ferragamo, gucci etc. Go with hermes

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a white one back in 2008 and wear it more than any other belt that I own. It's very versatile and very simple and subtle. They have gotten more popular but still not as common as Gucci or LV belts. I wish I had more colors

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
wow lol. i really like the belt and say for sure go for it, the H kind of seems boss in its own way, i cant describe it because its just "H".. haha idk call me weird but wow, that was a thread killer to come in with a detour opinion.. naughty naughty!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thx for your input guys, really appreciate it! gonna get my hands on one in the next weeks :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts