Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as news broke that a new Bugatti Veyron successor is in the works Hennessey performance is already trying to steal the hyper car thunder. John Hennessey and Hennessey performance have just unveiled the company's next big project. The successor to the Hennessey Venom GT, being called the Hennessey Venom F5. The F5 is named after the highest classification for a tornado which makes sense once you look at the projected numbers for this monster. According to John Hennessey the car is projected to have a 1400+hp and a projected top speed around 290mph. It seems Hennessey is taking the same approach that the took with the Venom GT, high horse power in a light weight body. Fortunately, this time around there seems their car will have a more original styling look unlike the Venom GT being an elongated Lotus.

To test the top speed John Hennessey stated that he is looking to test the vehicle on the Bonneville salt flats where many of the land speed record tests are conducted. Besides VW's Ehra-Lessien test track I can't think of any actual road that the car could realistically be tested on for a top speed run. This is going to be an interesting arms race in the "Top Speed Wars" for the next few years.

Hennessey Venom F5 - 1.jpg
Hennessey Venom F5 - 3.jpg
Hennessey Venom F5 - 2.jpg

·
Registered
299 Posts
The numbers game is getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me, I don't find the 290+ mph top speed interesting at all, theres no way anyone buying one could ever achieve it, manufacturers themselves pretty much can't (unless you're Bugatti..). It would be fun to know how many Veyron owners for example has ever had to enable the speed key to go past 375kph+....

·
Registered
307 Posts
It would be fun to know how many Veyron owners for example has ever had to enable the speed key to go past 375kph+....
I'm sure plenty of guys have enabled it as a "party trick" but none have ever reached it's full capability, there simply aren't many places to even attempt such a thing. BC just set the record for customers @ 246mph...and a couple other did 235+ ...and that took a closed 3.5 mile stretch of road to reach.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Not impressed until they start actually making their own cars, not simply modding others.
Especially when they're charging nearly Veyron/Koenigsegg/LaFerrari/P1/Huayra prices... For a Lotus kit car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand there is a difference between being cocky and confident but I don't like how they just throw numbers around. If their Venom did 270 and they did say it "could" have gone faster if there was more room but I don't think adding 200hp + and aero will add 20mph more. I guess we will see

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For one I do like the face lifted look of the F5 compared to the GT. It doesn't look so "Lotus Like" although we know whats underneath. Aside from the Ehra-Lessien test track what road can you actually try a top speed test like this on?

If I had millions on million to spend like its nothing I'd like to think I'd invest in a test track for professional driving along with a runway so that cars like the F5, Agera R/One:1, SSC Tuatara can be maxed out lol. Its like Bugatti is the kid that has the only basketball hoop in the neighborhood and won't let anyone else play on it. I don't blame them of course but it would be nice to see some of the other high speed machines reach their potential.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Am I the only one that see's that this has to be based off a C7? Makes sense, plus that roof line is unmistakable.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Am I the only one that see's that this has to be based off a C7? Makes sense, plus that roof line is unmistakable.
I kinda thought the same, but still based off a Lotus.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
ugh...not this again.

hennessey vs. VW group is just a pi--ing match. foreign vs. domestic, america vs. europe. Very few people push these cars to the limit or the max. How many people do you know of who daily push the car to its limits ? very slim. speed limits and the police are there for a reason.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ugh...not this again.

hennessey vs. VW group is just a pi--ing match. foreign vs. domestic, america vs. europe. Very few people push these cars to the limit or the max. How many people do you know of who daily push the car to its limits ? very slim. speed limits and the police are there for a reason.
It's not a match at all. On the one side is one of the best hypercars, with lots of engineering, technology, luxury and real value for money, and on the other side we have a heavily tuned street car, which simply does not have the value corresponding the money asked for it.
The F5 is more on the territory of tuned GTR-s, UGR, Switzer, AMS, that on Bugatti, Pagani, or Ferrari.

·
Registered
553 Posts
now it's not lotus it's falcon :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts