Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mom is buying a new car and has asked me to help her, she's set on an Acura RDX. I however, have never bought a car of my own so I don't know the process any better than she would. She's looking at 2 cars.

Car #1:
Used
2013 Acura RDX
Tech package
6,000 miles
Was a dealership loaner for a year
Asking $34,500, however they have had a 1 day deal/sale on the car for $33.7k so we wouldn't offer above that

Car #2:
New
2014 Acura RDX
Tech package
Asking $38,500
MSRP is $40,510

There are not a lot of RDX's on the road and from what it appears they can't be moving a lot of them, there's a substantial inventory of them at almost every Acura dealer in our general area. She's paying cash so our goal was to walk in with a check and say "take it or leave it" but me or her both don't know what invoice is on a new RDX or what a similar car to the used one would go for at auction, ideally the dealer will make ~$500 above what they paid and we all walk away happy.

Any insight into what we should put in as an offer on either of the vehicles, which is a better deal, or what they are worth to the dealer so we could put together a fair offer would be awesome. I'll gladly through a few bucks your way if someone can help me out and provide some good info.

Edit: Sorry if any of my post sound ridiculous, like I said I have zero experience at this.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Are they the RDX Tech FWD or AWD? On the 2014, MSRP should be 38.2k/39.6k (FWD/AWD), not sure how they got it to $40,510. You can PM me the listing if you'd like, as there aren't many RDX's with dealer installed extras (18in. wheels, roof rails etc..)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they the RDX Tech FWD or AWD? On the 2014, MSRP should be 38.2k/39.6k (FWD/AWD), not sure how they got it to $40,510. You can PM me the listing if you'd like, as there aren't many RDX's with dealer installed extras (18in. wheels, roof rails etc..)
Both AWD.

PM'd, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts