Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last year I started a bit of a tradition bringing my family (wife/kids) up to Beaver Creek for some skiing (my first time ever).

Now I would like to bring a bit more family with me so I would kind of like a lodge style area with multiple rooms (maybe a stand alone) but still have access to amenities and be close to the action.

Also FAMILY environment would be best and a large resort area that also caters to newbies like myself.

If you have any suggestions or tips please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I loved Steamboat when I was a kid. Copper mountain is great as well, and you could definitely find a condo or rent a place nearby. If you come in Colorado, let me know, I'd love to show you around the mountain or take your kids skiing for a few hours so you can enjoy a few turns with your wife.

Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain, and Winter Park are all great places within 2 hours of Denver. Steamboat will require a second flight to Hayden then a short shuttle ride.

Hopefully someone will chime in with more CA info. I was a huge fan of Alta, but I'd wait till you're tearing things up with the kids before going there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Beaver Creek in CO? If you know the area.. Breckenridge Resort and Vail I'd say fit what you're looking for. Also, scope out Keystone.. they have crazy awesome lodging right on the slopes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved Steamboat when I was a kid. Copper mountain is great as well, and you could definitely find a condo or rent a place nearby. If you come in Colorado, let me know, I'd love to show you around the mountain or take your kids skiing for a few hours so you can enjoy a few turns with your wife.

Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain, and Winter Park are all great places within 2 hours of Denver. Steamboat will require a second flight to Hayden then a short shuttle ride.

Hopefully someone will chime in with more CA info. I was a huge fan of Alta, but I'd wait till you're tearing things up with the kids before going there.
Thanks for the info. Yah Hayden has 1 stop but only 4 hour total flight time from New Orleans so not bad at all.

I'll check the others too.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Steamboat is very pretty just a bit of a pain to get to from the airport. Check out the Canyons resort right next to Park city Utah. Great skiing and brand new resort that has been struggling to get visitors so they are always having amazing deals on lodging and lift tix. Plus its 20 mins from SLC airport. Goodluck and have fun skiing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone.

I ended up booking Steamboat Springs since it had a little of what everybody wanted. But I did find a very interesting management company up there.

Steamboat Springs Luxury ~ Lodging, Rentals, Vacation Homes

I rented one of their lodge style chalet's and included the full-service catering package which gives us 2 staff people the entire time 1 being a chef. So they cook breakfast/lunch/dinner and shuttle wherever whenever we want to go somewhere. Not to mention clean and arrange all affairs with the ski resort.

Should be a good time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I suppose it's a little late for this, but VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner is a great resource for independently contracting to rent homes from cheap to world class luxury directly from owners.

I have used it for several years to get condos in the Keystone/Breckenridge area and it's been great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts