Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I'm taking a break from posting the jokes that I hope you are all enjoying and learning the ins and outs of maintaining my sandwich maker from Haze to ask you all for help.

A few years ago, both my mother in law and my mother were diagnosed with breast cancer. I had obviously heard of and knew people who had been diagnosed before, but none of them had hit quite this closely to home. I felt pretty helpless and wanted to be able to do something to help. It was at this time that a friend of ours introduced me to a group called the Huntsman Hometown Heroes. This is a group of people who got together to raise funds and awareness for cancer research while training for marathon/half-marathons. I had never done this before in my life (and honestly never thought I could) but I looked at what my moms were going through and thought it would be a way that I could help give back. Last April I successfully completed my first half-marathon. I wasn't the best or the fastest and there were so many times that I wanted to quit, but I would just stop and think about what I was running for. I was running in honor of my moms and everyone else out there who might benefit from further cancer research. After completing the half-marathon, I also joined a bike ride called the Hunstman 140. (read more about it here)

This year (and as long as I am able) I continue training and raising money to help research cancer. I will again be running in the Salt Lake Half Marathon. I am also probably adding my first Triathlon later this summer. And I will do it all under the Huntsman Hometown Heroes banner.

One of the things I like best about raising money for The Huntsman Cancer Center is that 100% of the money donated goes directly to research. The running of the center itself is all funded directly by the Huntsman family.

So, long story short, I am asking any of you who may feel so inspired to donate. You can donate directly to my fund-raising page here. No amount is too small (or too big!:bow1:) And for those who wonder, I don't touch any of this money, it all goes directly to the center. I also get nothing directly out of this fund-raising (other than the satisfaction of knowing that I am helping raise money to help eradicate cancer) This is something that I strongly believe in as I believe that I have been blessed with family and good fortune and I believe it is my duty as a human being to do what I can in order to give back.

Whether or not you decide to donate to my page or event, I encourage you to get out there and see what you can do to give back, raise money, or fight for something you believe in. We're all in this together.

Thanks for your time!
:bow1:

D!

And now back to the daily jokes!:clap:

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I will do this. I will spread the word too. I am hoping mine does not come down with it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little more than a month left until I run. I'd really love to see some support from my peeps on the 4. This money goes 100% to cancer research! Let's come together and help eradicate this disease.

All of the donation information is in the link in my signature. I don't touch any of the money, it goes directly to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Every little bit helps!

Cheers!

D!

·
I am L4P.
21,656 Posts
Have you tried putting the word out in the charity section here yet? That may increase traffic.

Also, bump for a good dude.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
10 days to my run!

I'm SOOOOO close to my goal. Even if some of you could just chip in $5 I could probably easily surpass my goal. I am incredibly passionate about this cause and I hope some of my 4fam will take the time to support!

Thanks!

D!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok gang, our team is about $900 short of reaching the $10,000 raised bar. I'd really love to get there. Please pass this around and let's see if we can get close.

If you have donated, I really appreciate it.

If you haven't, please consider it. Cancer at some point has or will affect most people. All of the funds raised go directly to the work that is being done to help find a cure!

Thank you!

D!

To quickly get to the link to donate, click on my sig!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry I am late to this, but I auction off weeks at my Mexico house for charity. Check out Introducing Villa Paraiso if interested. Hit the Auction Information button.

Scotty

1 - 20 of 20 Posts