Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up thursday and true to form I already have it torn apart. Its a Fountain 38 Sport Cruiser with 502 mags. Although not a fan of red I will probably keep with that theme since my tow rig is red and alot of the cockpit is too....I need to tone down the sides and add some graphics....

I am leaning towards a wrap since it is about 15 feet too long for my booths....Anyone with some cool graphic ideas for the sides?

Attachments

·
L4P Consigliere
1,829 Posts
I call bullsh*t. Need picture of wife reppin the 4 in front if it. :)

I remember seeing a really nice red and black graphics on one. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old wrap on baja....

while looking at it just now I think i decided to omit the upper stripe by painting it white and painting the entire cockpit white. the bottom stripe will go white with splashes of red.

i should probably finish one of my other projects before I get too deep on this one

Attachments

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
My neighbor is selling a DCB 36' twin-1175hp engines with 8 hours on it if you're interested. Its the nicest boat I've ever seen!

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
Needs to look exactly like the A-Team van.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice. Is that a wooden birdhouse in the bed of that Furd ?? :confused:

Actually, I think if you just remove the red on/up top, and bring that back to white, it would look considerably better and not need anything extravagant. Solid colored hullsides are understated elegance, and you are seeing more and more of them on bigger yachts.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
although it shares the same hull as the 38 fever it is considerably slower due to the extra weight and higher topside. reggie had it to 65 himself and the previous owner ran 69 on gps...it has a decent cabin with about 5'11 headroom, the shower in the head is more like 5'9. I have been looking for a sportboat that can accomodate me and the kids for awhile now. with a/c,gen and all the creature comforts this will make a solid boat for trips across the lake.

jamie, that 350 is my buddys and that is his sleeper. my single cab dually sucks for long drives

·
958 Posts

congrats. nice family boat.

i had a 38 fever that was all white with a small gray stripe.

Jamie is right on.. forget the graphics and remove the paint over the rubrail.

BUT.. since you are in the biz, you might have to do something SPECIAL..

maybe a ghost autowerks in there somewhere

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
sweet boat. i think you need to add a turret to the boat. in case there are any pesky pirates around ;)

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
I call bullsh*t. Need picture of wife reppin the 4 in front if it. :)

I remember seeing a really nice red and black graphics on one. I'll see if I can find it.
LOL DTL

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Whats your plans with the motors? The 502s in stock form are going to be hard to beat... Throwin more horsepower in it will gain you some speed, but you still have a pretty top heavy wave crusher!

Id go with a full wrap, upgrade the gauges to bezeled trim, new throttles, seat vinyl and carpet, call it good!

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan on tearing down the motors for a refresh, not looking to add more power. I am currently gutting the cabin to address a bad stringer, since it is apart I will redo it. The cockpit will be resprayed white. all the gauges are updated with new dash panel and red bezels. my upholstery guy will be buried with this project starting feb 1 or so. ready to launch april 15

·
Registered
593 Posts
I plan on tearing down the motors for a refresh, not looking to add more power.
Good call. Those Bravo's are going to have a hard enough time as it is. I'd have one around as a spare at all times for when one breaks so you minimize your down time.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
^
Agreed. If you need a bravo, let me know... Good luck with that stringer, if the bad spot is all the way up in the cabin, how did it go bad? Water intrusion from a nick in the hull or did it come in from water being in the cabin?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hope you caught that stringer in time to repair it with some penetrating epoxy. Replacing one is a chore on any boat. I'd hate to think what it would cost on a boat like that.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^
Agreed. If you need a bravo, let me know... Good luck with that stringer, if the bad spot is all the way up in the cabin, how did it go bad? Water intrusion from a nick in the hull or did it come in from water being in the cabin?
the boat sits bow down on the trailer so the forward bulkheads do not drain real well. my guess is the water came from the anchor hatch either from rain or from the wash down....we gutted the boat and all the rot is contained in the cabin which gives me a good excuse to reconfigure the galley and forward berth....

we are toying with the idea of matte black/gloss black for its paint scheme

1 - 20 of 24 Posts