Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I was at lunch today with someone who had an interesting watch. The nature of the meeting required me not to ask but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas. Here's what I know:

It was big, 44mm or larger.
It was thick, the cast was thicker than my entire Daytona.
It was silver with a black leather band. Band had white stitching.
The face, at a glance, looked like it had daytona like rings.
It had two winders, one at about 2 and one at about 4.
In the middle (3) it had what looked like a pressure button. Something flush to the body that looked like you pressed it inward.

The guy was a very wealthy guy so it looked like a high end watch. Any ideas??

·
7,022 Posts
lolololololololololol

Silver… likely stainless… narrows it down tremendously; but could also be white gold or platinum, which certainly complicates the process

Black leather strap with white stitching…..

"face"/ dial with "Daytona like rings"…. likely a chronograph which is supported by the "two winders" which were likely pushers for the chrono.

Helium release valve?? Maybe? But could also be a cheap - o quick date set, etc

Wealthy guys NEVER wear douche bag watches.

So, guys we have a stainless/white gold/platinum 44 ish mm case chronograph with a black leather band (white stitching)

If its a nice watch, he'd likely be receptive to you saying "I am an admirer of great watches. I think your timepiece is quite attractive. Do you mind telling me about it?" Real watch guys would not mind. If they do, eff 'em.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
lol. for a meeting that "required you not to ask" you sure seemed to notice a lot of small details about the thing. Meeting clearly wasn't that important if that is what you were focused on. Not sure why you couldn't just ask? It's a watch..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did it look like this?
watch.jpg

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To those who tried to help, thank you!

I'll let you know what it is when I find out.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
So... I was at lunch today with someone who had an interesting watch. The nature of the meeting required me not to ask but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas. Here's what I know:
So what kind of shoes was he wearing since you were obviously polishing them?! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts