Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Was just wondering if you guys can help me out here. My father is looking into purchasing an Aston Martin but doesnt know which one. He is interested in either a 2003 Vanquish or a 2005 DB9. Both cars have around the same mileage. The Vanquish has 16500 miles and the DB9 has 19000 miles. Which car would be the more reliable car to own and also which is the better car overall. I am not too familiar with AM's so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance..Paul

·
Registered
816 Posts
We owned a couple Vanquishes and I can say that the DB9 might not be as traditional "Aston" as a Vanquish, but it is probably a bit more reliable. The Vanquish is great, if you can front the repair bill when something goes wrong. I will always think the Vanquish>DB9 though.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Friend of mine had a vanquish S and I loved that car. Drove it pretty much straight from Vegas to CO once and I loved every minute of it. We took a trip to messico once and I did 170 like it was nothing too :D

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I decided between an '05 Vanquish, and '08 DB9. Went with the DB9.
Happy with the choice. Has been perfect reliability wise after 22K miles, and the interior is far superior. DB9 has plenty of sound and performance, but the Vanquish is more aggresive looking.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the replies guys. I have read that the vanquish(especially the earlier models) have transmission problems. How true is that? Also, how about the driving experience. Is the DB9 a more touring kind of car and the Vanquish a more sporty feel? Really not sure about this. Also, do both cars have the same engine and if so, is the vanquish faster becauase of weight difference or something else. Once again thanks for the opinions and help. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
early model Vanquishes have weakish tranny's as well as some electrical glitches/ check engine lights etc.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The DB9 is more reliable and, in my opinion, has a higher quality interior, but the Vanquish looks better.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So confused guys!!! Thanks for all your input. I know the vanquish is more exclusive and has the power of a BEAST, but I think the DB9 has the nicer interior and the reliability factor. My father is leaning towards the vanquish. Both cars are in the same price range. Decisions, Decisions I tell ya.

·
Registered
816 Posts
DB9 def. has a better interior. Older Vanquish interiors are VERY dated. They did not change to a DB9ish interior until 2006 for the Vanquish S. We even had a late 05 Vanquish S and it still had a very dated interior. Hell, even had some Ford Switches and key fob. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So confused guys!!! Thanks for all your input. I know the vanquish is more exclusive and has the power of a BEAST, but I think the DB9 has the nicer interior and the reliability factor. My father is leaning towards the vanquish. Both cars are in the same price range. Decisions, Decisions I tell ya.
In my opinion the DB9 is the smarter buy, but if the Vanquish tugs at his heart, well then he has to decide...does he buy with his brain, or with his heart. Arguments for both ways.

·
Registered
621 Posts
In my opinion the DB9 is the smarter buy, but if the Vanquish tugs at his heart, well then he has to decide...does he buy with his brain, or with his heart. Arguments for both ways.
Almost exactly what I was going to say...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Vanquish looks and sounds beautiful, however, after driving one with the f1 gearbox I was very disappointed. The gearbox is very clunky feeling with rough shifts.

I am curious how the m/t replacement feels.

I've also driven a DB9 volante and thought it was amazing. The interior finishing is better too IMO

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
My DB9 is a manual, and has the Sports pack option...2 musts imo...the paddles were very underwhelming.
I also put a Quicksilver exhaust on it...sounds great right from the get go...no waiting for 4K rpms for the sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts