Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all I can say is, after 2 suits, a sport coat, 2 colognes, 3 shirts, sun glasses, eye glasses, and countless other crap I can officially admit that I'm a Tom Ford addict. :whistle:

This is the ONLY off the rack line that I will wear form now on. He defintiely cuts for tall guys with broad shoulders, bigger chests, and long torsos with slimmer (dare I say it) waists.

I can wear his stuff with very little tailoring (a first for off the rack for me) and the quality is top notch (manufactured for TF by Zegna)

There are several new pieces I have my eyes on (silk smoking jacket, slacks, 2 suits, 5 shirts, 7 ties, and the most amazing silk robe ever) but I need to slow my roll. Once everything is done (just 1 sport coat/shirt so far) I will post pics.

Is anyone else a TF fan? If you aren't you should. Let me know and I can get you in touch with my guy/girl at the TF store in LV or with my guy at Neimans SF.

I feel relieved to admit it!!! LOL

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Phil, I have seen the pics you have been posting and I love it. Would love to pay a visit and see what they got. SF would be great as LV is little out of the way. Who do I talk to? where do I go?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Tom Ford definitely has some cool shit. Unfortunately for me, I'm a bit too big to comfortably wear their fits anddd I live in small town Arkansas where access to boutiques is non-existent (and I'm too broke for most this stuff).

Phil you better slow your roll on that shit. You're soon gonna be over ten grand deep into a wardrobe and you'll get to slim to fit in your shit!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phil, I have seen the pics you have been posting and I love it. Would love to pay a visit and see what they got. SF would be great as LV is little out of the way. Who do I talk to? where do I go?
Raw shoot me a text, I'll get you in touch with my guy @ Neimans. First class all the way. The dressing room is the size of my bedroom LOL and even has a desk LOL

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The piece that started it all!!! I lusted over this sport coat for months but swore I wouldn't get it until I could fit into a size 44L. Well turns out it's cut a little slimmer than most of his pieces as I actually wear a 42/43L in the others now but needed 44L in this coat. This photo is from a week or 2 before I bought it. Now it fits like a glove!!!!

This TF shirt was the first I got. The fact that their sleeves on a 16 or 16.5 are 36" makes them perfect for me. Plus as expected the buttons/stitching are all top-notch!!!

My new favorite Sun Glasses

I also just ordered the black eye glasses inspired by the ones he used for the main character in in his Movie "A Single Man" They are called the TF5178

More to follow as my other pieces come in!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This silk dressing gown (Robe) is one of my grail pieces! But at $6,500 I think I have to hold off LOL!!!

This pic was taken at 11PM in Vegas and I swear had I one another $1k at the tables that night I would have gotten it! Granted I was hammered so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger ;)

·
14,490 Posts
Those glasses are sick!. Nice.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I love their aviators had 3 from the same pair cuz I lost/broke them lol.
also always use their cologne and some other accessories.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tom Ford is the epitome of manly even though he is gay but I would've been fooled, he really knows how to sell a man's brand.

I really like his pocket squares and ties, good stuff.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I love me some Tom Ford! Their boutique in NY is exquisite! He actually used to be a "regular" at a local bar down in So Cal and he'd pull up in this sexy ass old school droptop continental. I haven't been to the store up North, but you definitely need to make plans to go visit if you're planning on purchasing another suit. I tend to go with the more plain styles and go for the Solids. And get those glasses!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't wait to go to the NY store in Aug. I was just at LV last week and very impressed and I'll have to journey down to BH at some point soon too.

I got my first solid (gray) suit and am just waiting on tailoring. It was hard not to go for something more wild, but I want to build an entire TF wardrobe so need to handle the staples first (although I had to go for the check jacket as I was in love).

The glasses are kick ass too!!!

What pieces do you have Mike?

I would love to meet him. Supposidly next time the folks in LV know he's coming they're going to invite me

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I've been a long, long time fan of his work. Ever since he saved Gucci.

That being said, I officially own 0 pieces of actual TF gear. Not until I make a lot more. lol.

Definitely a very cool guy as well. Definitely suits the FLW quote: "Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities."

Some day!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Tom Ford has some great stuff, I've seen some awesome bold pinstripe suits that fit perfectly and would love to get my hands on...unfortunately I'm not in an economic position to start a collection just yet, but soon! Great looking stuff man.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! I DO NOT and will not pay full price for a suit from him. I just can't. A tie or shirt maybe, but suits/coats I only do on sale!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With all the TF madness I forgot that I've been in the process of having a bespoke suit made as well. My tailor just called to remind me he's coming Today to meet me in the office for the final fitting. I'm excited :) I'll try and post pics!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Tom Ford. Good stuff. I like English Laundry . My sister use to work at Nordstroms as a seamstress. 20% off everything (including stuff on sale) all my shirts fit really good. Nothing like having a shirt fit you correctly.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts