Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the story... I'm gonna TT my LP560 next month and I was going to go with Heffner after I heard Bens LP. He had the bolt on kit and it sounded awesome... But, after SP's horrible customer service I have decided to go with UGR and am thinking of the bolt on kit with them.

Here's the question... Wether I go with Heff's or UGR's bolt on kit that makes around the same power, will the sound be the same? By sound I am referring to the turbos spoiling up. I know the spool depends on the boost and the types of turbos used....

Anyone ever hear both companies bolt on kit?

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats at the strip on drag racing, Im kinda lreferring to like 60mph roll on the freeway sounds...

·
Registered
56 Posts
What is wrong with SP's customer service? I was just talking to someone yesterday who bought an orange LP560 and was going with their $35k bolt on kit. Chose SP mainly because they are local and did'nt want to ship car across the country.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wanted to also but i went down there twice and once "alex" was on the phone and he would be right out, then receptionist tells me he had to "leave" for a meeting... If he had a meeting wouldnt they have told me that from the start so I wouldnt have waited? lmao.... Or he couldve came out and told me he had to leave and we could reschedule for another time... Oh well, whatever the case was, He didnt want my money.. Nor does he need it... But I now would rather go UGR on the car either way...

P.S. I spoke with Jason many times and he was very friendly and polite over the phone.. Cool guy and if I wouldve done Heffner id rather ship to florida and have him do it than to give my business to Alex at SP... even though he does Jasons kits and is about 15 minutes from my house lol....

UGR TT COMING SOON!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Eugene at SP was telling me that they install the Heffner kits but Jason installs SP's custom Murcielago kits, is that true or is it all Jason kits?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure bro, I know SP only does the bolt on kit.. Internal upgrade kits are done by Jason.. In regards to the Gallardo...

As for the Murci, Im not sure on that one bro...

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Oh man I can't wait for this one Mario!
The V sounds intense the G needs to catch up

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
i wanted to also but i went down there twice and once "alex" was on the phone and he would be right out, then receptionist tells me he had to "leave" for a meeting... If he had a meeting wouldnt they have told me that from the start so I wouldnt have waited? lmao.... Or he couldve came out and told me he had to leave and we could reschedule for another time... Oh well, whatever the case was, He didnt want my money.. Nor does he need it... But I now would rather go UGR on the car either way...

P.S. I spoke with Jason many times and he was very friendly and polite over the phone.. Cool guy and if I wouldve done Heffner id rather ship to florida and have him do it than to give my business to Alex at SP... even though he does Jasons kits and is about 15 minutes from my house lol....

UGR TT COMING SOON!

I completely feel where your coming from, if I was going to be dropping 35k Id expect a lot more than that in terms of customer service... Talking to people on the forums and having friends own both the UGR kits and the Heffner kits it seems like they both know whats going on and it comes down to personal preference... At the end of the day I think you made a good choice with UGR.. Can't have that much International recognition without doing something right.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
these things are so tricky. i was in your shoes a few months back with my viper. every henn owner swears by him. every heff owner swears by him. every ugr owner swears by him.
They are all good fabbers but i guess the distance sold me on who i went with. I am sure you will make the right choice..a personality conflict is a big thing in these things becaue this is not your end all visit...you will get updates...things will break (all things break...not saying the tuners are bad...just the nature of the beast) so you will have to get stuff fixed. so its better to go with somebody you like and have a good vibe from

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what it always comes down to bro, its all about how you speak to people and respect

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

UGR TT COMING SOON!
Ive worked with SP on numerous cars.. They did my Lotus TT,Diablo Sv, my first Gallardo SE, my Murcielago, My SLR etc etc.. SP and Alex have always been bare none, the BEST tuner to work with.. Alex makes sure everything is perfection.

That being said, Alex is not your normal tuner.. Did you have an appointment to come and see him? If not, well then more than likely if he was busy doing something else he wouldnt see you.. He has the luxury of picking what projects he wants to take on, and not having to take projects on due to a need money basis.. This ensures each and every car that leaves SP is perfection..

Alex designed his own TT system for the Murcielago, and the bolt on kits for the Gallardo he does are from Heffner.. That being said when Alex gets involved in tuning exotics, its moreso for fun, or for friends as he pretty much has the GTR market cornered, as Im sure if you were there..saw

You mentioned in your post its all about respect, and how you speak to people. Not saying this is the case, but many a time in my own business ive seen that people who are willing to spend money think the world revolves around them.. When their needs arent focused on, they yell and scream.. Alex and Sp are lucky enough to have the luxury to do things THEIR way..

That being said, Im certain you will be very happy with UGR or Heffner... 2 great products..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ive worked with SP on numerous cars.. They did my Lotus TT,Diablo Sv, my first Gallardo SE, my Murcielago, My SLR etc etc.. SP and Alex have always been bare none, the BEST tuner to work with.. Alex makes sure everything is perfection.

That being said, Alex is not your normal tuner.. Did you have an appointment to come and see him? If not, well then more than likely if he was busy doing something else he wouldnt see you.. He has the luxury of picking what projects he wants to take on, and not having to take projects on due to a need money basis.. This ensures each and every car that leaves SP is perfection..

Alex designed his own TT system for the Murcielago, and the bolt on kits for the Gallardo he does are from Heffner.. That being said when Alex gets involved in tuning exotics, its moreso for fun, or for friends as he pretty much has the GTR market cornered, as Im sure if you were there..saw

You mentioned in your post its all about respect, and how you speak to people. Not saying this is the case, but many a time in my own business ive seen that people who are willing to spend money think the world revolves around them.. When their needs arent focused on, they yell and scream.. Alex and Sp are lucky enough to have the luxury to do things THEIR way..

That being said, Im certain you will be very happy with UGR or Heffner... 2 great products..
Great post and sums it up well. Have to say that Alex and SP have always given me absolutely incredible service and quality second to none...

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I spoke to Alex today, and it seems you forgot to mention not the one time, but several times when the 2 of you where supposed to meet, where not only did you not show up, you didnt call to say you werent going to or to reschedule.. :lol:
Did call the first time, but never returned my call, even left a voicemail and left my callback number. Second time i showed up and nothing. After that he didn't even answer an email. It's all good though, no worries

·
Registered
7,271 Posts

lol......or whine about how the porsche gets no respect and parked at the back of the lot.....?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sometimes its hard to follow up on every call as it happens to me sometimes. I know there has been some that I failed to call back in the past and they ended up somewhere else.:( I try to make sure I stay up on the sales end of things so that it never happens again but sometimes I still let some slip. With that being said I have to say that all the business that I have done with Alex and Will at SP that they have been always fast at getting back to me and getting my orders completed and shipped no matter how small the order may have been as it always seems like they are on top of things and handled with top priority. :clap:

Thanks, Kevin Howeth
Underground Racing

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Did call the first time, but never returned my call, even left a voicemail and left my callback number. Second time i showed up and nothing. After that he didn't even answer an email. It's all good though, no worries
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts