Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I started making the transition over to vegetarian. I don't think I'll ever be a full on vegetarian but right now the only meats I eat are some kinds of fish and turkey breast on occasion.

One of the things that makes it hard is the lack of recipes out here so in this thread I'll be sharing anything I make or find that turns out to be really good. Feel free to share also!

Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza

Whole Wheat Flatbread
Olive oil
Rosemary
Mozzarella
Feta Cheese(I use the stuff that has seasonings in it already)
Zucchini diced
Red bell pepper diced
green bell pepper diced
minced garlic
diced red onion(sometimes)

Take the flatbread and brush the olive oil on it and sprinkle the rosemary. Then add a light coating of all the vegetables and sprinle both cheeses on top. Bake in the oven at ~375 degrees for 15-20 min.

I'm not positive on the bake time I usually would just check mine every 5 min or so. It all depends on how crispy you want it to get. You can use this same basic recipe and change on the veggies and cheese to make all kinds of good flatbread pizzas

Mexican Bean Salad/casserole

1 cup cooked Black Beans
1 Cup cooked Kidney Beans
1 cup of corn
1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
Diced chili pepper or jalapeno whichever you prefer
Paprika, Chili powder
Your Favorite Chipotle sauce

Toss it all in a skillet and simmer for ~15-20min. Cook time all depends on how soft you want the beans to get. I just use the canned beans, sometimes I'll get canned mexican corn and other times I'll take it off the cob.

Raw/organic Snickers Brownies
(not actually brownies)

Peanut butter
Cocoa powder(the real stuff)
Chopped Walnuts
Raw Honey(or agave syrup)

Grab a cake or brownie pan and spray it with some nonstick.
Spread about a 1/2 inch layer of peanut butter
Mix the cocoa powder and honey till you bet a paste and spread over the peanut butter.
Sprinkle the walnuts on top
Put in the freezer till the peanut butter hardens enough to handle
Cut and enjoy!

You can use any kind of nuts on top, you can also sprinkle coconut on top or mix it in with the peanut butter to make it more manageable. If you use real cocoa powder it is PACKED with Antioxidants, high concentrations of iron and maganese.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts