Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
How many watches in those links are $8,000? The IWC is the closest I was aware of using that movement and it's less and using a modified movement. I thought the majority of watches using the 7750 were in the $1,000-$3,000 range, but I'm apparently wrong on that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
How many watches in those links are $8,000? The IWC is the closest I was aware of using that movement and it's less and using a modified movement. I thought the majority of watches using the 7750 were in the $1,000-$3,000 range, but I'm apparently wrong on that.
Yep, Hublot uses the 7750 with their own rotor, if I read that correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
My IWC 3717-04, MSRP $5,800, uses the 7750 as its base. The most accurate mechanical watch I've ever owned...by far.

·
10,594 Posts
A lot, a bunch, a ton use 7750 and are at, under and over 8k retail. That would be a good project for you, to research exactly how many.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I never said the 7750 isn't widely used, 5 seconds in Google would prove otherwise even to someone who has no idea what a movement is. Mantooth said, "For $8k+, they better bring a lot to the table." I pointed out they are using a 7750, a movement that I generally have seen in watches *far* under $8,000. I don't consider a 7750 and a little known watchmaker as "bringing a lot to the table." That was my point. You may choose to agree or disagree.

Mantooth then provided a link wherein the most expensive watch was $6,700. Your link was filled with Tags, Omegas, Sinns and others that I do not associate with $8,000 watches. I was unaware that watches in the $8,000 price range used that movement (which is why I said "I'm not sure" rather than "No other watch for $8,000 uses that movement") so I figured you could fill me in since you clearly know more than I do about this particular movement. That's the beauty of a forum. People can share knowledge that others don't have. Otherwise, why not just respond to every post telling people to research everything on their own? That'd be a really fun and educational forum to visit.

·
10,594 Posts
Your link was filled with Tags, Omegas, Sinns awas unaware that watches in the $8,000 price range used that movement (Otherwise, why not just respond to every post telling people to research everything on their own? That'd be a really fun and educational forum to visit.

The link I provided also contained Sothis chronoswiss bell Ross frank mueller dubey Panerai. The linked was prefaced by saying their are a ton and these are just a few. So it appears you failed to read the info given. No one here knows the exact number of 7750 pieces at or over 8k or the info would have been provided.

I'm sure you agree that contributing data to a forum otherwise what fun would it be if you just take. Therefore we would like to thank you in advance for your upcoming contribution to the watch section.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts