Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my wonders across the wilderness that is the internet, I was trying to find a watch for myself, but I stumbled across a range of ladies watches, by a designer called Christian Lacroix, provided a link to their range, was thinking of buying one as a gift, but I have never heard of this brand, and they are reasonably expensive so I wanted some feedback,

Christian Lacroix

Thanks guys

·
7,022 Posts
haha well if they're cheap and shitty, what is a $50 watch?
thats where you have loads to learn. price doesn't necessarily reflect what they look like. cheap, in my post, does not have anything to do with the price. for example, Dolly Parton always says "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap" when referring to her cosmetic procedures. a $50 g shock does not necessarily look "cheap" to me even tho the price point is lower. i was just providing my feedback.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
$200 reasonably expensive?

If you want a GOOD watch for 200 or so dollars get a Citizen

·
Registered
21 Posts
To the OP, Christian Lacroix is a well respected fashion house. Unfortunately, as with many designer brands that turn their hand to watches, the watches that bear their name do not come close in build quality or looks to the clothing that originally made them famous.

You get what you pay for, and it would appear that these watches are not a good advertisment for Christian Lacroix.

Each to their own, of course, but for less than $200, I bought my wife a 1967 Omega Seamaster in very good condition. It won't look out of date in 20 years like these Christian Lacroix watches will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts