Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a jewelry store in Princeton, NJ and a watch caught my eye. The owner showed me the watch and it was a a Sablier Grand Cru. It was $2,000 and I'm seriously considering purchasing it but wanted to learn more about it first. Has anybody heard about it or have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I like the concave sapphire crystal but the dials don't move me. I don't know if 2k for a Sellita auto movement watch is good or not. Everything sans dial is cool. Dont see any online for secondary market so I guess they haven't been around for a while. Try to talk the dealer down lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same issue with the dial. It just doesn't excite me. On the other hand the watch has a great feel to it. It feels like a much more high end watch almost like a Panerai. The Sablier Grand Cru is limited to 250 units and when they sell out the 2nd generation it going to start at 4-5k the dealer said. That could all be bs but I originally though it would be in that range when I first held it and didn't know the price. I could see this brand going somewhere and if not it's still a limited piece that very few with have. I'm leaning towards purchasing it. I tried to upload pics but it said the file was too large. I will try again on my desktop later.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nothing wrong with Selitta....the design seems confused to me overall. It has a bauhaus feel but the case is thick and the dial and color-ways are bad. Would love to see it in person before final verdict. Don't expect to resell it, I have a box full of obscure watches where value went up in flames.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just saw the Sablier at Cooper Jeweler in Warren... wow!!

The jeweler sent me to this site: The Sablier Grand Cru Collection ~ It’s About Time (and Wine) | Grape Experiences

I asked about the movement and it is ETA 2824-2... I guess the price went up because they were asking $2100 for it which I'm going to buy. First watch with a concave crystal, dial and hands in the history of watch making!! Sales guy said they have the patent thru 2029. Also the jeweler had a copy of the actual patent... so cool

Hope this helps... let me know if you hear anything else about it

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nothing wrong with Selitta....the design seems confused to me overall. It has a bauhaus feel but the case is thick and the dial and color-ways are bad. Would love to see it in person before final verdict. Don't expect to resell it, I have a box full of obscure watches where value went up in flames.
Agree, all bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just saw the Sablier at Cooper Jeweler in Warren... wow!!

The jeweler sent me to this site: The Sablier Grand Cru Collection ~ It’s About Time (and Wine) | Grape Experiences

I asked about the movement and it is ETA 2824-2... I guess the price went up because they were asking $2100 for it which I'm going to buy. First watch with a concave crystal, dial and hands in the history of watch making!! Sales guy said they have the patent thru 2029. Also the jeweler had a copy of the actual patent... so cool

Hope this helps... let me know if you hear anything else about it
Did you ever purchase the watch? Do you have any pictures? I'm still undecided. I like it but not sure...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
pics of said weirdo watches plix

1 - 11 of 11 Posts