Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

So the fam is debating to change up cars once again, the GX is being a bit of a 'meh' car now. We're looking at a slightly used (or demo) updated (2014+) Range Rover to try something new. Now, we strayed away from the RR initially when buying the GX just due to reliability issues (we knew we'd keep the car for a while).

The question is, with the RR HSE (or SC if we can get one at a good price), is reliability still an issue? I know its kind of early to ask long term reliability, but if anyone could pipe in it would be very helpful!

Also, is it worth the 10k or so price hike for the SC? Keep in mind this car is more for a middle aged married couple, less for me :(

Thanks eh!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Have 2..and 09 and a 10 and neither have given me a lick of trouble except the 10 one time got the suspension stuck in the low position but it was -22 degrees outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
new one has had some electrical gremlins with the stereo screen conking out, come off/on, but nothing on the mechnical side so far at 20k. Sunroof issues as well, its had about 15-20 service bulletins done, but the first couple years of a new model release I feel this is pretty standard

·
Registered
513 Posts
Reliability hasn't been a problem since the 2010 model year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about rust? Anyone else noticed an issue with rust and Land Rovers, in general? We looked at several used Range Rovers and Discoverys, a couple of months ago, when shopping for a car for our son. Every single one of them had significant rust issues. We live in Illinois, which apparently is the Salted Roads State, but I've never seen so much rust on +/- 5 year old vehicles. That, and headliner issues. Nearly every single one had the headliner sagging, if not coming down. Curious if this is some issue with the climate here in Illinois, or a manufacture-wide problem?

BTW: We ended up getting him a little Audi TT. We just happened to see it as we were walking out of the dealership where we drove two Range Rovers. Not a great winter car, which means he'll likely be borrowing my X3 come snowfall later this year. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
The latest Land Rovers have been great. The TPMS (tire pressure monitor) will does stop working after about 8 years. The whole unit will need to be replaced because the battery isn't interchangeable. Should be no problem unless you find that orange light on your dash annoying. Also, the emergency brake will go. You need to put it in P anyway. Otherwise, reliability isn't an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts