Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda interested in starting my own brand. I have a lot of ideas just not sure where to start. Any success stories out there and any input??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I started a brand here in Orange, CA last year. I am wrapping up the final details of my presentation before visiting local shops with the line. No success story yet haha. Feel free to PM any time. I have a ton of insight and experiences to share.

·
Registered
587 Posts
my mom started a kids accessories co. about 22 years ago. Was very successful. Network and following...that is what made her successful

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I did many years ago, a luxury brand, its not apparel. It took years of tweaking and building, and patience. If you understand strategy very well then you can figure out what's missing in the market, fill it, and create immense value.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. My brand will be projected more for the "high end" market. It will incorporate things that havnt been done in the clothing market yet. I have a lot of ideas and I think it's time for me to start building it. After searching I found a few places to go but I would like to know who/where to get the clothing. Most will be custom tailored. Also what conpanies are being used to print the designs?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys. My brand will be projected more for the "high end" market. It will incorporate things that havnt been done in the clothing market yet. I have a lot of ideas and I think it's time for me to start building it. After searching I found a few places to go but I would like to know who/where to get the clothing. Most will be custom tailored. Also what conpanies are being used to print the designs?
Having been working in the clothing industry for the past 6 years, I can tell you it is no easy task. I have seen the rise and fall of what were some strong brands, companies and designers. What I suggest is do your research into the demographic you look to sell to. In this industry, it's all about who you know. You can have the best idea, but with no one to sell or no one to buy, it's going to be impossible to be successful. Not to mention, finding someone to produce your garments is not easy either. If you have more specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I run Complete Havoc... Only been active for a little over a year though, working out the website and social media still after a year.

Knowing the market your targeting is huge, then having the ability to get the message out to them. Design matters less in fashion then people think - its about lifestyle not clothing. Create a brand that stands as a brand that can cross media formats and you should be successful. Sounds a lot easier then it is.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You have to do an extensive amount of research, and networking to make it!!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
networking is among the most important, if not THE biggest factor in success. join as many forums as you can, reach out to as many people as you can, and be confident.
look at your competitors and think, what and how can i do it better.
and never ever give up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike...
How's it going with your company ?
Give us some updates.
Are you far enough along with this to give a name to it, etc etc.
Anyone else with some input ?
Thank's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
networking is among the most important, if not THE biggest factor in success. join as many forums as you can, reach out to as many people as you can, and be confident.
look at your competitors and think, what and how can i do it better.
and never ever give up.
That's what made Apple so successful, looking at competitors and finding a way to do it better.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A good friend and client of mine started Free2Ride about 3 years back. They are doing pretty good now. Its action sports based line. They go all over the country sponsoring events and team riders. He put a lot of time and money down. Its all now just starting to pay off.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have no fashion experience but in my other experience I would say have as much control as possible over your manufacturing. A great design and great marketing are nothing if you cannot produce the product. "High End" customers want whatever now they do not want to wait they also want you to cater to them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts