Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys, currently have an 08 Z06. Its been a blast, but after hanging out with all you L4P exotic guys I've been growing an urge to step up my game into the exotic world :lol:

I was curious if any of you made the jump from Z06 to gallardo and how you felt about it?

I've always loved gallardos but never even considered them until recently. I know I will be sacrificing some power/speed, but I feel I am willing to give up some of that for the refinement and overall exotic rockstar feel. I would be looking at used 04-06's.

The only thing is, it seems, for me to do so would be to sell the Z06 and put the money in some better (non depreciating) places. I would rock something more mellow for a while (E46 m3 or so) in order to save up some money and ultimately upgrade. This has been an idea for me because if the next few years go as plan, it won't be as practical for me to have a Z06 fun car as I will be pretty busy with other things. I could keep the Z and give it little attention, but I feel economically for me would be better to sell it and wait it out and upgrade later.

Is it worth stepping out of a Z06 for a while to hop into a G?

*sorry for the long ramble, these thoughts have been running back and forth in my head lately :eek:

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
a normal gallardo has miserable resale values. Like you stated about sacrifice, the gallardo is slower than a Z06 in acceleration and top speed. i like the Z06 better but if u got a Gallardo SL, F**k the Z06. lol

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I had a gallardo for a little while...It was an impulse buy and I really hated the operating costs that came with it.
for that reason alone I would keep the z.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
The only thing is, it seems, for me to do so would be to sell the Z06 and put the money in some better (non depreciating) places. I would rock something more mellow for a while (E46 m3 or so) in order to save up some money and ultimately upgrade. This has been an idea for me because if the next few years go as plan, it won't be as practical for me to have a Z06 fun car as I will be pretty busy with other things. I could keep the Z and give it little attention, but I feel economically for me would be better to sell it and wait it out and upgrade later.

Lamborghini isnt going anywhere...still rockin my e46m3 4yrs later and its still a very capable car. Listen to you're gut and focus on what's important to you, family, biz venture, etc. Perhaps in year or two you'll have even more options when you're ready to pull the trigger...Both the zed and m3 are very capable every day sports cars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a normal gallardo has miserable resale values. Like you stated about sacrifice, the gallardo is slower than a Z06 in acceleration and top speed. i like the Z06 better but if u got a Gallardo SL, F**k the Z06. lol

the Gallardo SL is what got me thinking about all this, it is the sickness. Unfortunately for me to come up with 100grand on top of my Z would take a much longer time, and i don't know if i have the patience for that :lol:. I was thinking maybe a gallardo will be a step towards it :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'd have an LP-550 over a Z, but I never had either one. sadness.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
the Gallardo SL is what got me thinking about all this, it is the sickness. Unfortunately for me to come up with 100grand on top of my Z would take a much longer time, and i don't know if i have the patience for that :lol:. I was thinking maybe a gallardo will be a step towards it :D
get a gallardo and TT it:whistle:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get a gallardo and TT it:whistle:
which I thought of as well :lol:

I went crazy on my C5 Z06 (supercharged, built motor, meth, etc.) and have been straying from that path since. Granted I know there are some very reliable TT packages for the G, I feel if it came down to it I'd rather take that 30-40k and put it toward a lightly modded, reliable superleggerra. I know how mod money results when you try to sell the car so I'd rather not take a 30k bath. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
thats why you save your stock parts and return it back to stock before you move on to another car. so that way:
sell a stock-ish car
sell the parts on a forum somewhere.

·
Bronze sponsor
742 Posts
This is a tough one to call. I love the Z06 and I love the gallardo for similar and different reasons.

The Z06 is fast as hell and there are not many cars that can run with one stock for stock, surely not a Gallardo. The Z looks sinister when modded correctly and is a blast to drive fast and inspires loads of confidence to a good driver.

The 2006+ Gallardo is everything good, lol. Although not the fastest, with a software update and a person who knows how to get the most out of it, it's plenty fast. If you love loads of attention and crazy reactions from people, the gallardo is the perfect bang for your buck. The 06+ makes a sound better then almost any other car that makes you smile each time you step on the gas. Also the gallardo even when it's 10years old will still be a Lamborghini.

For me I think I'd take the Z06 and D2 that S**t out. :lol::clap:

-Stefan

·
Registered
103 Posts
VetteFish, I've got both. I have a procharged C6Z and LOVE it. I have a TTG as well. If your going to be getting an 04-05 G and keeping it relatively stock, I'd take the C6Z anyday, especially a modded one. That being said though, my TTG is by far my favorite car to drive, but it took a lot of money to get it there. It's funny, I can jump in the C6Z and in a way, forget what I'm driving. When I'm in my TTG, I'm ALWAYS aware of what I'm behind the wheel of. It's a rush even when I'm just cruising around. But in stock form I wasn't as crazy about it, although I did "like" it.

Here's my Z. I really love this car...

Kyle

·
Registered
933 Posts
We've been doing exotic and luxury sales for 16 years... and we often take Z06's on trade for Ferrari F430, Aston Martins and quite a few Gallardos. People mention the depreciation on the Gallardo, which is good for the guy buying pre-owned because you can pick a decent mile G right now for 90-100K, which we have for sale. It is a much stiffer feeling car, but gets more points for being an exotic amongst the motorsports world.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
A used Gallardo purchased right is actually a very SAFE investment.. They have gone up in price in the last year.. Inmo, unless you only care about performance, the G is the sure fire winner... We ran a stock Z06 against several Gallardos and it is surely the faster car, but in a 5mph to 100mph race they are very close, over 100 the Z06 pulls on the G quite abit, but after 160, the Vette falls on its face, and the G comes back into its own. Appart from performance, the Z06 isnt on the same planet as the G.

·
Registered
228 Posts
if it were me and the i had the zo6 i would keep it over an m3 all day, if i had the oppertunity to get a g over the zo6 i still wouldn't i the g is amazing but like said before the prices of maintaining it is riduclous

1 - 20 of 69 Posts