Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st our cust svc. jobs gone to them. toys in china made with lead.now HD products made in India. no wonder China owns us and we cant get out of the hole.. and Wisconsin folks out of work. Fcuk Willie G! he aint shit.

Harley-Davidson has announced that it will open a new assembly facility in Haryana, India. Sportsters and other models will be assembled for the Indian market from parts manufactured at Harley’s US and Brazilian facilities and other international suppliers. The move makes a huge amount of sense even before you factor in India’s 60 percent import tariff that this move will help the company avoid, low-cost manufacturing should give Harley easier access to other Asian markets. Even if this is a small glimmer of hope for the long term survival of the troubled manufacturer it remains to be seen if pot-bellied pirates will be screaming “They took our jobs!”

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i am all for this.
cant wait to see hells angel delhi chapter.
bandidos mumbai chapter go at it...

my money is on the mongols hyderbad chapter.

(i dont see japan crying about hondas being made in india, or suzuki motors being made in korea)
gota go where its cheap to compete...the whole "buy american" in this global economy of today is bs.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Harley has to do what it can to survive. The indian and asian markets are big for Harley. they need to capitalize on that more.

I live in Milwaukee and hear people whine about this all the time. Harley has production line workers who are making 30+ dollars an hour. In my opinion that is RIDICULOUS! That is unskilled labor that anyone could do. They were hiring people at 24 or 25 dollars an hour with no experience. Just stupid. Time to wake up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah id much rather see work here even if they had to lower the wages to stay alive. im not bickering about the people of india at all. all im saying is there are good working people here that will do the job and do it well to feed their families.
I'm just saying....

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
This thread is promising :eek:hwell:

I'm just saying, cost vs sales.

Also please have correct facts!

Harley Davidson Prices | Motorcycle Assembly | Begin In India | Select Models - Oneindia News

News | Harley-Davidson USA

Harley has made NO mention of closing plants, or laying off people. Also all parts will be made and created in USA, then a final assembly in India....of SELECT models. A good handful will still be imported like they have been. You took the time to bash a company and took the time to make this thread, but made no time to make sure you had all the info?

I'm just saying...

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
did they mention the biker gangs? thats all i really care about when it comes to "the motor company" :D

i can just see a group of full dresser harleys going doing the narrow, crowded delhi streets.

and then there is the HOG of india...this will be awesome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thread is promising :eek:hwell:

I'm just saying, cost vs sales.

Also please have correct facts!

Harley Davidson Prices | Motorcycle Assembly | Begin In India | Select Models - Oneindia News

News | Harley-Davidson USA

Harley has made NO mention of closing plants, or laying off people. Also all parts will be made and created in USA, then a final assembly in India....of SELECT models. A good handful will still be imported like they have been. You took the time to bash a company and took the time to make this thread, but made no time to make sure you had all the info?

I'm just saying...
and ill take that point NP. maybe im just a regular dude here amongst people that own their business or whom are on the other side as an employer. i can understand HDs move to save money. I guess im moved by the media and friends and family who have no jobs lost homes and struggling blah blah blah. but damn it can be done here. im not on the "buy american" band wagon but i do know this where I work i know we import more goods than we ship out. and i know it can be done just as good if not better here than anywhere else

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I think HDs move was to avoid the tariff since India is such a booming market. The same principal of auto mfgs importing parts but assembling the cars in America. Since technically they aren't importing cars.

HD is a resilient company I have a feeling this move will spur MORE growth in USA since there will be a larger demand for parts and materials to build the bikes...even with India assembling their bikes.

Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
they are not closing any plants. I have heard they are going to buy another building out here even to expand more!

They are just building an assembly plant, to help sell more bikes over there. Way to go!

Now, if they start assembling them there, and shipping them back..... Thats a bit different

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
and ill take that point NP. maybe im just a regular dude here amongst people that own their business or whom are on the other side as an employer. i can understand HDs move to save money. I guess im moved by the media and friends and family who have no jobs lost homes and struggling blah blah blah. but damn it can be done here. im not on the "buy american" band wagon but i do know this where I work i know we import more goods than we ship out. and i know it can be done just as good if not better here than anywhere else
it can be done here..but for it to be done harley workers must work for what indian works must work for or even less to offset the tariff that will be put on harley if it builds the bikes here.

I understand what you mean...but the other side is that the regular dudes, media, and friends wont bail the company out if it does not make the right moves and goes under...american motorcycle companies dont really have history on their side when it comes to survival.

remember maslows heirarchy of needs...need number 1 is survival. harley showed that when it axed buell...its survival is priority number 1 to it..as it should be.

I see tooling and parts staying american for a few years till its time to upgrade or new engines come out requireing new tooling...then its foreign market..i can bet money on that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
did they mention the biker gangs? thats all i really care about when it comes to "the motor company" :D

i can just see a group of full dresser harleys going doing the narrow, crowded delhi streets.

and then there is the HOG of india...this will be awesome.
Respect and Support your Local 81. You never know who might be reading your post right now.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Respect and Support your Local 81. You never know who might be reading your post right now.
lmao...I live in bandidos country. 81 wont come anywhere near this.

and biker gangs have never scared me nor will they ever. I leave the scared bs to the skinny

so to break it down for you the answer to you is....I will respect and support them if they respect and support me...dont give a damn who is reading this.

and if you are a HA...i will pm you my address...you can come see for yourself why the local Bandidos call me the big bad gorlilla.

have a great day. :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm not 81. Just know some people who might be reading right now are. I know we are both into all kinds of different bikes and don't discriminate on most brands. Were also both into never backing down from people. Just remember, there's always someone bigger and badder out there. You have a GREAT day as well.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I'm not 81. Just know some people who might be reading right now are. I know we are both into all kinds of different bikes and don't discriminate on most brands. Were also both into never backing down from people. Just remember, there's always someone bigger and badder out there. You have a GREAT day as well.
but the thing is that I do discriminate againsts harleys. :D

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Just curious; why are you discriminatory towards Harley's?

I prefer substance, tech, innovation and performance to harleys tradition/faith based marketing.

but in all seriousness its all in good fun with some of my harley riding buddies..some of whom are the motorcycle "club" types who are loyal to harley for no reason other than its american.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Harley should keep it all made/assembled in america...after all when you hear the name Harley you think american made
What do you think when you hear Ford, Dodge, and GM :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts