Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what type of hangers you guys use? Right now I use black plastic but I can't stand them. Thinking about going all wood, any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Depends on what it is. Most of my tshirts and what not are on plastic wire like ones. My hoodies are all on wood suit like ones. and then wrapped in plastic

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you get wood- go to Ikea. Sets of 12 were like $5-8 cant recall exactly... just FYI, Im sure you will need tons...
Nik

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Metal coat hangers, the type you get from the dry cleaners, haha.

If not, plastic with the jean possibilities. I'm the kind of sophisticated gentleman who likes versatility

edit: btw I was being sarcastic, for those who may think that statement has complete douche written all over it lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wooden hangers with the laminate over it, never unfinished ones because they scratch away at fibers. I also add some padding if I use the hanger for a suit so it keeps the shoulder figure

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wood all the way. Suit hangers if possible, but they are usually a little expensive for everyday gear

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ive always heard wood is the way to go. (No homo). Ive got a ton of wood hangers in a bag in great shape Ive been trying to sell for a friend on Craigslist for a while but Ive had no bites. I know these things are expensive, so I thought I would get some bites. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
haha, i keep wire hangers around and use them for when people lock keys in the car, or i have to open a bathroom lock

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cedar hangers all the way. Dry cleaners wire hangers and other cheap plastic ones leave marks on your shoulder part and just look hideous in your closet.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've had wood hangers for 7 years. I think wifey got mine at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Can't stand the shoulder marks. Do it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wood hangers here, I have cherry, the wife has birch.

I get the ones with rubber wrapped around the horizontal post to keep pants and what not from sliding. I got them originally from costco, I think.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wood hangers are good, the hangers you get from most dry cleaners are not meant to be used long term. Try to keep the original suit hangers as they tend to be better/stronger, if not use the cardboard shoulder pads you get from your cleaners.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I actuallu own a dry cleaners and like stated above the wire hangers are not ment to be used long term. I use wood hangers on my personal stuff, they help hold the shape of the clothes better. I use the felt ones for hanging pants and slacks.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My wife and I have used wood hangers for everything for at least 10 years, but we're planning on moving to those felt/slim line ones. The wood ones just take up so much space! If anyone local to DC wants to buy them from me, I have hundreds!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts