Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm now deciding between 2 watches. If you read my other thread I said that I just got my dad's Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date-Just. I will do a comparison with my dad's Rolex and a $20.00 Chinatown Folex when I get my new Samsung Epic. I spent 2 hours cleaning the Rolex last night haha, didn't go to bed until 3am and had work at 7...I love this watch. Anyway, since I got my nice out on the town watch, I also want a nice pow in your face watch that just stands out. The two watches in battle are:

Hamilton 'Seaview 1000' with the Hamilton 20mm Black Rubber w/ White Stiching band ($800.00)

Sonbol Milita: Grigio Titanio ($645.00 Regular, but I'm getting a really SPECIAL PRICE!!!)

I'm drooling over the Hamilton, but the only thing holding me back is the price. If I could just get it for $650.00 I would totally go for it over the Sonbol, but the Sonbol I'm getting for a ridiculous price. Would anyone be or know of anyone selling a Hamilton Seaview 1000? Anyway, what are the verdicts people? I'm thinking about buying the Sonbol for now and then when I get more $$$ buy the Hamilton later on, but if I can get the Hamilton now I'll skip on the Sonbol. Man, this watch game is a tough one.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The difference in price is most likely due to the movement. Hamilton automatics use swiss ETA movements, while the Sonbol uses Japanese Miyota. There's also a bit of a size difference on these, the Hamilton is 47mm v.s. 54mm for the Sonbol. If you want an in your face watch that stands out then Sonbol is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hamilton +1
imho it's classier and will stand the test of time as trends come and go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well he did say he already has a rolex, so it sounds like he's probably covered on a classy watch that will stand the test of time. :)
It couldn't hurt to have two classy watches that stand the test of time? haha :lol: I'm sooo leaning towards the Hamilton...I just need to find one for around $600.00 and I'll be set. Right now a brand new one on Amazon is $720.00.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
the sonbol does have great machining...thats the first thing I look for in a watch (contrary to most others)

the watch almost looks billet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this price, go for personal taste. Opinions don't matter.
After a few days of nonstop research, I am going for the Hamilton. I really appreciate Sonbol for giving me a deal even though I was a new member. I am extremely proud to be on this forum to know that there are real stand up companies that aren't here to take advantage of a new guy just to make a buck. You guys are all about taste, style, and class. Thanks for everything!

On a side note, I am known for changing my mind at the last minute so if anything changes I will hit you up Sonbol! You are AWESOME!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts