Votes: 6 26.1%
  • '06 F430

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my dad has been thinking about buying a new car for a while, and these are the ones he has been looking at '10 GT3RS, '08 Gallardo SL, '06 F430 spider, or a '08 gt2. btw I would appreciate some specs or your opinion on any of the cars.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry i forgot to add GT2 in the title

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Tell your dad to test drive all of them and see which one he likes the best.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Ask your dad:

What does he want to do with the car?
What is his primary goal?
Does he want the option of convertible?
Does he want awd, rwd?

I'm pretty sure the specs we find online, you could find online as well.

If you want responses that BENEFIT you and your father, why not help us help you by going a little more in depth of what you are looking for?

Otherwise we are just splurging car models with no rhyme or reason.

I feel like everybody tries to stay positive in these threads and wastes their own time because in reality it is of no benefit.

"Hey dad, I asked a bunch of guys on the interwebs and they say this car!!"

"Well Son, why is that?"

"uhh....."

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask your dad:

What does he want to do with the car?
What is his primary goal?
Does he want the option of convertible?
Does he want awd, rwd?

I'm pretty sure the specs we find online, you could find online as well.

If you want responses that BENEFIT you and your father, why not help us help you by going a little more in depth of what you are looking for?

Otherwise we are just splurging car models with no rhyme or reason.

I feel like everybody tries to stay positive in these threads and wastes their own time because in reality it is of no benefit.

"Hey dad, I asked a bunch of guys on the interwebs and they say this car!!"

"Well Son, why is that?"

"uhh....."
My dad is always looking online for mostly Gallardo sl's and rs's, but he says he wants the car for curb appeal so I would say go for the SL. He pretty much wants a car the he can drive then in a few months put some money into modding it. I put the 430 up because we were at this dealer and he came up to me asking if he should get it, but I have less hopes for the fcar. Btw if this helps with your opinion he loves to track his cars. but honestly he already has a track ready '07 gt3rs so i think he should get a cruiser but its his choice. I put this thread up for opinions so I can give him an idea of what the people think.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trade the 07 RS for the '10 RS as the track car then buy something else.
He wants to keep his rs so which ever car he ends up with he will still have his rs

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I would say... buy a Lamborghini Diablo KIT CAR. They have great curb appeal and really make people ask, "How' you get so rich?" He could even stand next to it with one hand on the hood and one in his pocket and pick up chicks...Then with the money he saved from buying a REAL car, he could send it to me to invest in my medical clean up/ Mr. Pips/spider monkey/ baby giraffe breeding business...
All kidding aside...tell him to have each car brought to your house, blindfold your dad, and have him point at one of them. Whichever one he picks--he buys.
(that's just as good as having a bunch of forum people tell him what to buy)
thank you for the useful post, that should really help him make his decision.

Captain, he's already got the RS, if he doesn't plan on getting rid of it then I would say no to the new RS. GT2 is great but he is going to get more curb appeal out of the 430 or the SL. You mentioned he also wants to track the car and I would say the SL is more prepped for the track than the 430. Of your 4 options you are giving us, and by the description of the car he is looking for is seems like the SL is most suitable for his needs. Capiche?

And if you want to add another car to the list, there's always the option of a Scuderia....

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The scud is to much $$$$$

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep that's it

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
SL w/ UGR TT.
end thread

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
depends on how good a driver he is... a gt2 can be a widow maker.

i would go with the SL...nice compromise with all the others listed...to me anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts