Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Porsche GT3 RS

Votes: 25 45.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your opinion guys. I love the Porsche GT3 RS but I'm falling either for the Porsche GT2, especially red coloured.

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
As stated above, It all depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You cant go wrong with either, as they are both two fo the very best performance car money can buy.
I would say, if you like high revs, get the GT3RS, if you want a beast in terms of power, get the GT2.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats pretty much asking, TRACK or ROAD?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't driven one of them yet, but I think I will do soon. Just looking for a car for the weekends, not special trackdays or something but just drive it and enjoy it :)

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
I haven't driven one of them yet, but I think I will do soon. Just looking for a car for the weekends, not special trackdays or something but just drive it and enjoy it :)
If thats the case, my recommendation is the GT2. Easier, useable and a lot of power.

The RS requires more precision/effort to extract the performance, but in being this way, its very rewarding as well. :wink:

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
^
that.

Both are supposed to be trackcars. The RS is much more focused and precice thanks to its N/A engine. On the other hand it has to be mentioned, that the throttle response on the GT2 is very impressive for a TT engine!

If you want less compfort and more hardcore go for the RS. If you want a more civilized allrounder go for the GT2.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it isn't going to be a Porsche Gt2 or Gt3 rs it will be an DBS, but that's an other price range. DBS is atm out of sight and I'm not feeling the Gallardo or Gran Turismo compared to a GT2.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You cant go wrong with either, as they are both two fo the very best performance car money can buy.
I would say, if you like high revs, get the GT3RS, if you want a beast in terms of power, get the GT2.
Thanks a lot, mate. Will keep that in mind.

Leaning more to a GT2 right now, it is just more civilized and I like that somewhere. Altough its at least pushing 50k more at the end.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts

Leaning more to a GT2 right now, it is just more civilized and I like that somewhere. Altough its at least pushing 50k more at the end.
Whats the matter with the turbo than?

·
Registered
740 Posts

Heres a great article on the Sharkwerks GT3 vs the GT2.

Excellence :: Hello, 8800 RPM : 3.9-liter GT3 RS and and 2010 GT3 3.8 hit the loop.

Heres another by excellence on the GT3RS vs GT2

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/magaz...tember-2008-sharkwerks-gt3-rs-vs-997-gt2.html

Those should give you a great idea about the two.

The 2 is little more 'civilized', if you can call it that. Both are rabid, savage, raw beasts though, that a very soulful cars, but they hit you in very different ways in terms of power. I would say the 3 is the tinest bit more sharp based on the lower weight, but the 2 will still hit you hard at every gear in every rpm and do anything the 3 can as far as handling.
If all youre looking for is a weekend street car with little to no track time, the Turbo will be everything you want. I still to this day contend that money no option, the 911 turbo is the best car that has ever been made that will gives you supercar performance, amazing handling, will tear up 99% of cars on the track, and contain all the luxury you could want in a sports car and have superior quality and still look sexy doing it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.