Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
looks awesome and looks like they had a lot of fun!

but I got a little question about the H1.. I've been looking around on the internet at their interior, and they got like 2 handbrakes and 1 transmission stick, or reversed. Can someone please explain what all the "sticks" are for?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
looks awesome and looks like they had a lot of fun!

but I got a little question about the H1.. I've been looking around on the internet at their interior, and they got like 2 handbrakes and 1 transmission stick, or reversed. Can someone please explain what all the "sticks" are for?
One of them is for selecting 2wd, 4wd low, or 4wd high.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your comments , its indeed lots of FUN and THRILL

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love H1's! Looks like a fun trip! I haven't had the pleasure riding in a "civilian" model. Hopefully the seats are a LOT more comfortable than the military ones:lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love H1's! Looks like a fun trip! I haven't had the pleasure riding in a "civilian" model. Hopefully the seats are a LOT more comfortable than the military ones:lol:
They are :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an H1 - and I love it.

I like all my toys but I love my Hummer. I'll never sell it.

The 3 'sticks' are
1 - parking brake c/w cable adjustment on the handle
2 - transmission gear selector Reverse, drive, etc
3 - transfer case gear selector High range, low range, locked, etc

A couple of things many don't know about Hummers (real ones - H1's),
- You can adjust tire pressure while you drive using the CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System). You can inflate or deflate.
- The brakes are centrally mounted, like vintage Jags. On either side of the diff there's a rotor with caliper.
- the truck has 16" ground clearence at the dff.
- those rings coming out of the hood are airlift hooks. In combination with the hooks on the rear bumber you can pick the truck up with a helicopter.
- most of the body is bonded and rivited aluminum, just like an airplane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts