Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already long time wanted a flieger uhr. Choice was between Stowa, IWC and Laco (all of them are original WWII manufacturers). IWC seemed too expensive and too glamorous for pilot watch (but still very desirable). So it was up to Stowa and Laco. Went for Laco as it looked more like original watch and there was version with B type dial.

'Unboxing' snapshots from Today ->

Overall impression is very good. Strap is really something special - haven't seen anything like that before. Later I will try how it looks with mesh strap. :eek:ldgit:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Really cool. I've thought about a Glashutte Navigator for a while. I'd say 44mm is about all I can pull off. Never owned a pilot watch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Love it.
I really like the design but I have a puny wrist. Is there any other watches out there with similar design, but smaller face?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful!

A few question on your new piece:
- what is the MSRP?
- is the front mineral crystal?
- what is the movement inside? Auto? ETA or Miyota?
- They have quite large range of pilot watches 198-1200eur. This one is "Pilot B auto. Miyota black" with MSRP 198eur. But there are availability issues - already for several months it's not available in Laco's offical online shop, so I found in eBay for slightly bigger price.
- Yes, it's scratch resistant mineral crystal.
- Movement is Miyota.

·
3,114 Posts
- They have quite large range of pilot watches 198-1200eur. This one is "Pilot B auto. Miyota black" with MSRP 198eur. But there are availability issues - already for several months it's not available in Laco's offical online shop, so I found in eBay for slightly bigger price.
- Yes, it's scratch resistant mineral crystal.
- Movement is Miyota.
Thanks for the info! I really like that dial and just couldn't convince myself to spend a fortune on the Glashutte Original, so I went the cheaper route on the flieger and got a Steinhart which is pretty sweet for the money. I used to have a Stowa Airman Date and ended up selling it, too small on wrist and didn't weigh anything... just didn't like how it felt like nothing on the wrist :lol:.

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^^ That looks really nice. I'm hesitant to spend a lot on one of these pilots because they look interesting. Just afraid the novelty might wear off quickly.
I like the no-date models better. I think Glashutte makes one of the only models with a date that looks good on one of these.
Ball and Christopher Ward make a couple other pilot watches that are reasonably priced. But, the dials are a little busy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts