Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
gordon ramsay is the man! i agree with others that he was much calmer in his bbc days, and def turns up the character these days on fox.

his restaurant at the london in hollywood is pretty good. small servings, but very tasty.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
gordon ramsay is the man! i agree with others that he was much calmer in his bbc days, and def turns up the character these days on fox.

his restaurant at the london in hollywood is pretty good. small servings, but very tasty.

i don't even think it's his anymore - just has his name on the outside. he had to sell the operation.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
i don't even think it's his anymore - just has his name on the outside. he had to sell the operation.

- chuck
i even went during opening week, hoping to see him there. but no luck....at least the food was good! their risotto was sooo good, though bite sized.

·
Registered
84 Posts
His attitude is part of his persona, it's his character. He's a very nice guy that is willing to help when/how he can. His US shows like Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares are pretty much just for shock value, but still fun to watch. As far as I remember, he used to play soccer/football before getting into cooking, he's not a pussy by any means.

I've got mad respect for him and only wish i could meet him someday.

·
Registered
572 Posts
love hell's kitchen and kitchen nightmares.

·
Registered
572 Posts
you guys see the cook off he did with james may?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hes definitely entertaining to watch. One of the restaurants he helped turn around is about 10 minutes from me. I have yet to go though....

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ramsay is a fantastic chef. The TV aspect is really played up from his true element. I like him, watch the BBC version of his show and enjoy it. Good stuff, lots of little niche things he does that are great to try, and experiment with.

That being said, at the end of the day Anthony Bourdain > Gordon Ramsay.
Bourdain is my hero.

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Oooh foodies on the 4. Sweet! Love Ramsey but like the bbc version better. Did you know he was a car enthusiast??

·
Registered
637 Posts
i think he still is, ive sorta want to go to some of the restaurants he helped here in so cal just to see how his influence sorta played into the restaurant's way of things better yet i actually want to go to one of his restaurants

·
Registered
572 Posts
Oooh foodies on the 4. Sweet! Love Ramsey but like the bbc version better. Did you know he was a car enthusiast??
he's been a star in a reasonably priced car on top gear. same time as jamie oliver and patrick stewart

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
he's been a star in a reasonably priced car on top gear. same time as jamie oliver and patrick stewart
He owns multiple exotics as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gordon is a baller..

·
Registered
889 Posts
He seems cool. I know for a fact he has/had a 360 CS and a murcie

·
Registered
302 Posts
my friend have trained under him in london and Marcus Samuelsson at Aquavit. he said that he's tuff but fair

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
my first job i had was in a restraunt, one of the places me and the boss did was go out to eat in nyc to get to taste different types of food. one of the places we went ramsey was eating. of course my boss introduced himself and we ended up eating with him.

pretty relaxed guy outside of a job. as for as being a boss, tuff but fair is the best way for a boss to be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
He's a tough boss and his standards are high. I would be the same way if i were trained my Marco Pierre White. But from what i have seen from various interviews and tv apperances that arent his own, hes a pretty good guy. He is one hyperactive fvck though.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts