Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do YOU all think of him??

I don't know what it is...when I see him on TV I can't turn it off. IMO this guy is hysterical! Every other statement that comes out of his mouth is "pi$$ off!", or "fvck off!". Most recently I've seen him on Hell's Kitchen...It is always hilarious when one of his "apprentice chefs" cooks something for him and half the time he spits it out in disgust. And the other half of the time he's screaming at the top of his lungs.

Also curious if anyone has ever been to any of his restaurants?

·
Registered
904 Posts
He has anger issues :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
He doesn't seem all that bad on his BBC shows. I think they seriously play up the 'rage' on the FOX reality show...go figure.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i think he's funny but i like sociopath types.

his restaurants are the *exact* opposite - very polished, more traditional, and devoid of all character. the food is of a very high quality but it lacks any personality or soul - quite the irony.

- chuck

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Never been to any of his restos, though if the moment presents itself, I'll give it a shot. As a TV personality, I think he's great. I can't believe that season after season of Hell's Kitchen, they get so many numbskulls who think they're God's gift to cooking. Love to see so many of them get rightfully shown their place. Seems as if all the folks with "real" chops in the kitchen try to get on Top Chef or Next Food Network Star.

Off the set, the consensus seems to be that he's a decent chap.

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
I have been to London in LA. Meh. I love all of his shows though. Anyone that says FVK and Piss Off that much is good in my book. F Word is probably the best.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Guy comes across as a douche on TV, I have heard he is a pretty decent guy though so guess most of it is for ratings. I know he is a huge car guy and anyone who drives a sick modded turbo Porsche just can not be all bad!

·
Registered
349 Posts
That show is great. I love to see him srceaming and cursing. Like others have said, I also heard he is a pretty nice guy in person.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think he's funny but i like sociopath types.

his restaurants are the *exact* opposite - very polished, more traditional, and devoid of all character. the food is of a very high quality but it lacks any personality or soul - quite the irony.

- chuck
Ha! I was hoping you'd chime in on the subject. Very interesting...go figure I guess.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I used to hate him. I thought he was the biggest d**k ever. I watched Kitchen Nightmares and gained loads of respect for the guy. He's pretty damn funny, too.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have been to London in LA. Meh. I love all of his shows though. Anyone that says FVK and Piss Off that much is good in my book. F Word is probably the best.
i actually enjoyed the food at the London. food was decently priced, portions are a little small, but a very nice restaurant to take your significant other to.

i must agree, gordon ramsay is pure genius! his shows on the bbc are more funny(/funnier?) i think. his shows in america seem a bit focused on his "nasty" side.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So many 'professionals' have their bar set so low they should not even qualify for 'amateur' status. Gordon tells it like it is and (usually!) for good reason. We need more straight shooters, across all industries, to thrive in the Global economy. There is far too much complacency around.

Ramsey is King in my book :bow1:

·
Registered
72 Posts
his shows on fox is a bit too much , i rarely watch it . but his bbs shows are better imo fword and kitchen nightmares is really good. he seems more concerned in the UK ver. of kitchen nightmares over the fox one..

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sadly never been to any of his restaurants but I did run into him at a charity thing and he is definitely a high energy person, has a penetrating voice and is a pretty good sized dude. I can see how he has that raging rugger image, which like someone said before seems to be played up because although he looked like he could pop at any moment he was a very nice guy. I will say though someone in the group got him started on something and he is very funny and did start slipping and cursing alot after a minute or so (not that the company would have been offended, still I think he was trying to keep it clean).

Afterwards I did some digging around the internet for him and he does pride himself on being a straight shooter but also did say he amps it up a bit for TV. And I will say on BBCs Kitchen Nightmares he does do a great job of getting deep sometimes with the people he is helping!

·
Registered
120 Posts
UK version of Kitchen Nightmares is very good because it's totally reality.

US version is like Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It's good, but I like the underproduced realism of the UK.

Hell's Kitchen is great, even though the winners are often seemingly white trash long haired freaks that I would not want touching food I would be introducing into my digestive tract.

Gordon is the man because of his appearances on Top Gear, he has good style, and he's a car guy it seems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have friends that have trained under him in the U.K. They say he is nothing like the show...very professional.In europe,there is a very traditional system and brigade that a young chef follows and understands.Ramsey is a huge supporter of that system....as opposed to all the young wannabe's here,where they all think going to the CIA makes them an allstar chef by their 21st b-day! His show sucks In my opinion....TopChef is much better with talented people for the most part.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts