Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one of these up and for $350 you can't go wrong. That's $350 with no contract.

Spec wise it is almost as good as the S4/5s, better than the iPhone 5.

It probably costs Google around ~200-250 to manufacture (the S4 and 5s are around the same range). It's just that they don't spend money on marketing the phone and don't really have to turn a profit on the sales of the Nexus 5 as they have boatloads coming in from elsewhere (unlike Samsung and Apple).

179787-whitenexus5.jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have a nexus4 and bought my dad a nexus5. For the price it is by far the best phone on the market. I highly recommend getting one.

There are endless first impression videos on youtube and blogs, but for me it felt great in the hand, the screen is super clear, very responsive, and with the processing power this thing has, it is on par with the best right now. It is full android experience and if you know how to customise your phone with widgets and what not, you really have complete control over just about every aspect of the phone.

Personally my nexus 4 is 97% as good as the 5 so I will wait to get the nexus 6 later on, but like I said for the no contract price, it is the best.
If you are constantly on your internet through the day though it does go through battery, so keep a charger handy. Some people complain about the camera not being as good as an iphone 5s or whatever. Its not, but I mean its pretty darn good still.

These were taken with my 4 and the 5 is slightly better still. Not bad for $300

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I picked one up back in November and couldn't be happier, much better than my iPhone 5!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked one up as well after owning every iPhone since the original. I'm content with the switch although I'll likely still utilize both (one for business and one for personal use). Definitely can't go wrong as it is hands down the best no-contract Android phone at this price-point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts