Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I really hope they bring it to NJ. I'm curious as to why in Kansas? I mean out of all the places they could of rolled this out in, Kansas??

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I really hope they bring it to NJ. I'm curious as to why in Kansas? I mean out of all the places they could of rolled this out in, Kansas??
Yeah I kinda wish they did it in their local area first, I probably would have been in their service area ):

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I was wondering about the location myself... but looking at a map of the US show you that Kansas City, KS is the largest metro area smack bad in the center of the US. So I would be willing to bet that making that the main hub would elleviate any issues with backbones traversing the country from east coast to west coast if the hub was based there. Additionally, cost of living and commercial space is lower there (meaning less expensive labor and overhead) and abundance of commercial space is higher, maing it easier and contributing to the lower cost of overhead to base the operation out of there. Makes much more sense to me logistically than trying to base it in dense, expensive traditional locations such as LA, SF, NYC, Virginia or Boston for example... all of which are much more expensive and/or located on a coast.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah I kinda wish they did it in their local area first, I probably would have been in their service area ):
They held a contest about 3 years ago where cities pleaded their case to be the initial test location.

Some even temporarily changed their name to Google to try and get attention.

--------
via 

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
Gig to the house is pretty insane. Will be interesting to see who, besides Google, actually commits to building infrastructure to upload at that speed.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I wonder how noticeably faster it is compared to my 300 Mbps FIOS Quantum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts