Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had many cars & motorcycles in my life but these are the current ones.
Daily driver 07 BMW 530i 6 speed manual.
The weekend toy is a 1990 Corvette ZR-1.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
Welcome to the 4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gentleman. I see at least 50 BMW's on the road everyday of all models. But the ZR-1 is rare enough that you may never see one on the road. So I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to own one. I remember when I was 20 years old back in 1990 when the first one came out. I remember reading about it in the magazines. And how it was a $60k car which was twice the price of a standard corvette back then. I just had to have it. It will hit 182mph. Ask me how I know lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many disagree with me but I have a soft spot for the C4 Corvette.
The C4 was not the generation that gave me a woody by any means. But this particular one was a whole other story. But at the time in the early to mid 80's when corvette was coming out of the 70's gas crunch era of efficient low HP cars it was a real shot in the arm for GM to build a 375hp car with a Lotus racing designed engine. To this day it is still the only Vette that ever had a dual over head cam engine in it. But the most important thing to me was the fact that it broke the 24 hour endurance record that had not been broken since 1940. It's a very cool read that most car guys and so called vette people know nothing about. Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Research Center | 1990 Corvette ZR-1 World Speed Endurance Epic Although I may sell it one day and move on to another toy I will always have a soft spot for the C4 ZR-1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts