Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have some good recommendations or connections to hotels in South Beach Miami?

Looking for about 4 days in the end of March (24-28)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Depends where in South Beach you want to stay. I have stayed at Hotel Victor multiple times. Love it. Rooms and service are great as long as you at least get a suite. Standard rooms are a bit small. The huge benefit is you are right on Ocean Drive.

I will be staying at the W Hotel in South Beach in two weeks. I also have a suite there so I will let you know how that goes. From what I'm told, the hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are stunning. Will report back.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks man!

My buddy is staying at W hotel in South Beach as well when we go, but was also looking for alternatives.
No problem. I will take some pictures if I remember.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
for bars and clubs, yes.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Kind of off topic but

I have a friend from Europe coming in he isn't 21 yet.

Is it strict in Miami in terms of ID?
Yes, but sometimes the bouncers don't realize the date on European licenses is day, month, year. I have seen it happen multiple times for kids from out of country.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Whats your goal on South Beach? Do you want to go to the pool and the ocean, or are you focused on shopping, eating, and partying? Your answer might help point towards a particular hotel. Hotel Victor is great, or even the W, if you want to do a bit of everything with an emphasis on partying. If your coming and want to lounge by the pool, and walk easily to the beach and back with pool-side service and beach-front service, then something like the Lowes is best.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. Our goal and desire while we are in Miami is to attend the Ultra Music Festival and then party all until the sun comes up. Enjoy the pool and ocean by the day, if we wake up in time, lol.

No interest necessarily in shopping or any of those activities really.

Is the four seasons worthy? I think it's a bit off, in location?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Anything reasonable. I understand that's a subjective answer, but if it's worth it then I'm fine. 400-600 I'd say.

I'd hope for that rate you would be able to find something nice, lol. :)
If you move a little closer to the 600 - 700 range, you should be able to find a real nice place to stay. :D

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for your tips and insight.

Do you think the Vegas sandwich works in Miami? :lol:

For those unfamiliar with the "Vegas Sandwich". The vegas sandwich is when you slip (20-50$) in between your credit card and ID at check in. During so, you inquire if there are any complimentary upgrades available.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
damn. you're going for ultra? nice, with jon?

i'm heading out a few days after for super car experience march 19-20. probably will arrive the night before and leave the day after.

come out a little earlier and lets party with the miami boys.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn. you're going for ultra? nice, with jon?

i'm heading out a few days after for super car experience march 19-20. probably will arrive the night before and leave the day after.

come out a little earlier and lets party with the miami boys.
Is Jon going?? He better go, will be amazing. Going out for Ultra, yep :D

Stay longer!! At least for the 24th night :D

Otherwise lets plan something for SF.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Alright. Just got back from Miami this past Monday. Stayed at the W in South Beach this past weekend. I booked the Oasis Suite and when I arrived my room was not ready. I waited around for a couple hours and just hung out at the bar / around Miami. They were very apologetic and I expressed my feelings appropriately. I was upgraded to a Lower Penthouse Suite and given a $50 credit. The room was spectacular. I recorded a video of the room and took some pictures. Will upload those when I get a chance. If you can swing it, I would highly suggest the W. What you should do though is call ahead and request an early check-in so they clean your room first. Seems that they don't have enough cleaning staff to get to all the rooms in time when they are at full occupancy. The room had a full kitchen, two bedrooms, a living room, media room / sitting room, three balconies and two full bathrooms. The service was top-notch and the view was just amazing. I highly suggest this hotel to anyone in the Miami area. Oh, and they kept my R8 up front the entire weekend. Kept me at ease. Hope this helps to some degree.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I like "The Tides" Fantastic location, nice rooms, great staff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts