Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
flickr is great. They changed the terms so free accounts get a huge amount of space, and the redesign is attractive, though the open beta design imo sucks, but you can opt out.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just set up a Flickr yesterday. Was super easy: links right with my Gmail or Yahoo and you get a free terabyte of storage. Fast uploads too!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was in Flickr a few months ago but for some reason it went through my yahoo when I went to sign in. Maybe yahoo owns it or something. Then I found it difficult to use, with categories of sets, galleries, collections, groups, etc. so I posted a couple photos and then gave up as I didn't think it was very user friendly. Seems you guys like it so maybe I will give it another try.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Otherwise you could use PhotoBucket. It has a lot of ads though, but I downloaded "AdBlock" for my browser and none show.

I still prefer Flickr though as iut's more professional, and yes Yahoo owns Flickr.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yahoo do indeed own flickr. You can log in using your Google account if you wish, which is what I did.

The whole sets, collections, and everything else business is just to help manage your pictures, which becomes helpful for navigating large portfolios. You could have a 'watches' set, a 'pets' set, a 'Chicago Auto Show 2014' set, a 'Porsche' set, and then a collection of Porsche and the auto show pictures. I think. At least that's what I'm doing. There are some professionals who could provide a more experienced perspective.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yahoo do indeed own flickr. You can log in using your Google account if you wish, which is what I did.

The whole sets, collections, and everything else business is just to help manage your pictures, which becomes helpful for navigating large portfolios. You could have a 'watches' set, a 'pets' set, a 'Chicago Auto Show 2014' set, a 'Porsche' set, and then a collection of Porsche and the auto show pictures. I think. At least that's what I'm doing. There are some professionals who could provide a more experienced perspective.
I see. I am just more used to terms that make sense like folders and sub folders, but tomorrow will try the Flickr again and see how it goes. I like the ability of large photos on there.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I will also say flickr.... but if you are in the google camp you can also try picasa.

I use flickr for all my Car Photography.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
MSFT skydrive, you can just invite who you want etc.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I use Imgur.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I just had to get used to the way Flickr works and the terminology they use such as "Sets" etc. But was able to upload some photos of my cars, but lots of stuff to add in the future. Here is what I uploaded so far: detomaso69's photosets on Flickr

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Nice photos! To get your work out there, you can add contacts and add your photos to groups.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Flickr is working out good after I learned some of the basics. Was able to post photos of my cars and sunset shots in the link below. Lots more to post though. But does the website allow some way of having a personal website name, such as for placing on a business card so others could type in the web address to get to your photos other than the real long address like shone below?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts