Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Wow really nice, got a link of the company you bought from? I've been himming and hawing at getting solar panels.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
24 Posts
coming to the US

JETION EUROPE Ltd. - Home These modules will be available in North America very soon. They are good..very good and we have the data and projects to prove it. :D
Drop me a note and I'll gladly provide more details and whatever else you might need.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I can't imagine it being to easy for a DIY'er. Definitely a lot of work just brainstorming in my head, eg; electrical being the biggest, heights, pitch of roof, weight? How much does the glass weigh?, routing the lines in the wall/joists.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I did sunpowers cost estimator and it told me my house in Texas that the average light bill is $250/month would cost $280k????? Their estimator must be some crazy worst case scenario madness

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How hard are these to install yourself? Any links to good ones. Would like more info.
I can't imagine it being to easy for a DIY'er. Definitely a lot of work just brainstorming in my head, eg; electrical being the biggest, heights, pitch of roof, weight? How much does the glass weigh?, routing the lines in the wall/joists.
It's a very straight forward process. But it depends on your knowledge of home construction. You should however be a licensed electrician since you are running wires through your house and connecting right into the feed from your electric company. When it's finished you will need to have it inspected by the local electrical inspector.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to buy the panels unless you're a dealer and they all do the installations themselves.

If you're looking to learn how to install solar panels as a career, learning how is very easy. As it becomes more and more popular and price keeps dropping it should be fairly easy to find a job.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Even though they aren't very efficient right now, I had a buddy here in AZ install some on his house. (AZ = lots of sun..lol) It cost him about 8k after all the rebates and credits. The biggest thing for him was in March his electric bill last year was $250.00. (Maniac with tons of computer servers, etc)

So anyways, this was his first full month back in March and his bill was only $21.00. $4.00 for electricity, and $17 for the surcharge and delivery. Not bad with a savings of over $200 compared to last year.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts