Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Going there or been there to give me some Advice!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I stayed at the Dreams Punta Cana in March and it was AWESOME!!! We stayed at the resort the whole time other than some of the excursions. If you do the dune buggy/4-wheeler tour, DEFINETELY rent a dune buggy NOT a 4-wheeler. Also, the catamaran excursion is WELLLLLLL worth the doing. It was one of the best ones I've ever done out of all the excursions I've ever been on!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Been there, done that! Definitively, the dune buggy is a must! just make sure you carry a waterproof bag to carry all your important things (otherwise the will get wet!) a plenty of insect repellent. Do not leave the island without tasting Brugal!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Been there, done that! Definitively, the dune buggy is a must! just make sure you carry a waterproof bag to carry all your important things (otherwise the will get wet!) a plenty of insect repellent. Do not leave the island without tasting Brugal!
Brugal Rum was awesome, the bartender was sure to never let my glass go empty!

Also, make sure you try Mama-Juana. It's a local concoction they make that will sneak up on you. It's a mixture of wine-soaked tree roots in a jar mixed with part rum and part honey. They honey makes it sweet enough to taste like candy, but it'll sneak up on you quickly, good stuff :clap:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mama_Juana

A tip that we learned while there (assuming it's an all-inclusive resort)- pick a bartender and tip them well on the first day. The resort we went to (Majestic Elegance) had a main bar in the middle of the resort lobby that we spent most evenings at. We gave the guy $5-10 on the first night, and he took care of us for the rest of the week. Our glasses were never empty, he remembered our names each night, and immediately would run over to serve us when we came to the bar. The rest of the nights, we left a normal $1-2 tip, and then tipped him again with a nice tip at the end of the week. A few dollars goes a really long way for them, and the people work incredibly hard. We stuck with the same guy all week for our evening bartender, and it worked out really well for us.

We would also leave a few dollars each day at the mini-bar fridge, and the room bar-keep would always restock it with a few extra bottles also.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Elegance was a great time.....

I recommend leaving money each day for the Maids....you should always do this they appreciate it. They make very little money. What's a 5 to you. If you're at the Majestic Elegance you'll love it. The food was great

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone! I will for sure taste the brugal ! I will stay at the occidental grand flamingo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts