Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum users,

I was looking for a plot to build on, here in the Netherlands.. Finally I found a plot and now it's time to build! But there is one problem!
I just can't make a decision on the designs.. then I would contact an architect to design a house... I have already selected a interior designer, so it's just the exterior where I am struggling with.

My problem : I would like to have a modern home in white, large windows and a big swimmingpool.. But here in Holland , we have warm summers and wet winters. So I don't know this is clever to do, what are you opinions?

Here are some designs I like, what do you guys prefer?
525688_368576119903246_1432789692_n.jpg IMG_9432.jpg Schermafbeelding 2013-07-09 om 21.39.11.jpg

Here is the plot:

089 kavel Almere3.jpg

My favorite is the middle one
Thank you guys in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Cmcdaid

I added ;)

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
In my climate, I love prairie style as its modern without sacrificing weather structural integrity.

While I love modern designs, I have a feeling I'd get tired of an extreme style. Prairie (the third) has a good mix that will has style with staying power in my opinion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love that middle design, but then I do have a thing for modern designs.

However, most modern designs (like the middle one) seem to be in very hot climate places (Cali,Miami,Spain etc), I'm not sure how good it would look as I (think) the roof couldn't be flat due to the rain in the winter.

How many acres is the lot? and how big is the proposed size of the house going to be?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
The middle modern one will also be the most costly to build and maintain with floor to ceiling windows that have poor insulation value. You could go triple pane argon windows if you have the budget, but still.

And having a modern exterior along with interior will limit your furnishing options to complement the minimalist modern style. The other 2 styles allow more eclectic styling and the interior won't look as bad if you are occasionally messy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many acres is the lot? and how big is the proposed size of the house going to be?

Hello,

The lot is about 53821 square feet.. and we would like to have te size about 7534 square feet..

Hope my converter did well haha.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hard to say if it's clever or not, we have very similar climate in Czech republic (north). As for the opinion middle picture is quite like Miami style house or something on a beach side in US, not what I would build in EU specially in Netherlands.
The third would be my choice.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I like the middle one, but it will need to be maintained more than the others. I'm assuming that if you can afford a house like that, you can afford a few maids to come in and keep it clean to keep the modern feel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a google image search of the 3rd one to satisfy my curiosity. Is this something to do with villa ontwerpen?
What do you mean? Would you like to see more of this design?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
2 looks too fancy and modern. 3 looks too proper and boring due to being perfectly symmetrical. I feel that 1 is welcoming and open. But hey, what do I know?
Ya so, car pics?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that a design style or location in Belgium?

If you don't mind, I'd love to see pictures of your car stable.
That design is in Holland, Bennekom;)

My Rolls Royce is at the dealer now for some maintenance. Had a problem with one of the speakers.. When it's back , I won't try to forget to post a picture!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts