Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There will always be coat tail riders. Looks good but think its gonna weight a Ton.....

Pointedly named, the All Terrain HD concept starts life as a 2011 Sierra HD 4WD chassis with the Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 mated to an Allison 1000 six-speed tranny. The combination produces a respectable 397 hp and a stump-pullin' 765 lb-ft of torque. Already a capable platform, GMC made it wider (73-inch track), taller (21.1-inch ground clearance), and tougher.

The suspension setup's designed for serious off-roading, with a three-inch lift, large skid plates and special Fox off-road shocks created for the All Terrain HD with visible remote fluid reservoirs designed to provide better handling and rebound. There's also an electronic disconnect for the front stabilizer bar should you find yourself climbing over a rocky surface.

Assuming you've got all this "go" it probably doesn't hurt to have a little "show." It looks macho, like a regular Sierra HD using the kind of medication typically prescribed for horses. This is helped by the crew-cab/short-bed construction and the 35-inch BFGoodrich KM2 "mud terrain" tires sitting on 20-inch machined aluminum wheels.

We expect it'll be built — but it probably should be a Chevy given the off-road truck heritage the brand already has. They worked with Fox Shocks, who tell us it'll be like the Raptor, but with even more power and capability. Yes, please.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have always been fond of GM over ford so I do really like this... I am just curious why they didn't bulk up the 1500 platform to save weight.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah there is no need to mod your regular HD to looks badass anymore. you can just get it from the factory that way! lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
so whats the going price? I mean a regular diesel is outrages from chevy/gmc.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a concept but they said its a strong candidate to be produced. If I had to guess it would be mid- $50's at least a 2500HD Denali is like $48k fully loaded...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good. doesn't look like you want to take it off road. Needs to be more utilitarian.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
it dont even see how this competes with the raptor

raptor= prerunner type for the road.

this= more of a diesel powered crawler.

·
5,744 Posts
Certainly not a competitor for the Raptor. It's GM's attempt to cash in on what 90% of HD owners do once they buy their trucks....lift, wheels, and tires. So They'll just offer it as a special edition, and tack on a healthy mark up.

-Markus-

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Certainly not a competitor for the Raptor. It's GM's attempt to cash in on what 90% of HD owners do once they buy their trucks....lift, wheels, and tires. So They'll just offer it as a special edition, and tack on a healthy mark up.

-Markus-
a colorado with the same shocks and such would be nice. i would go for that.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hell yes, its about time. What a truck! It would be a hard choice between this or the Raptor. I'm a GM guy for the most part, but the F-150 is my favourite pickup.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This in no way competes with the Ford Raptor.
They're two completely different trucks built for completely different things.
I'm a huge GM fan, but in my honest opinion this GMC concept if released would just be a gimmick...
You could buy the same Duramax 2500HD and do the same basic modifications yourself for a lot cheaper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts