Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of Forgestar F14's and getting them painted in either Gloss Black or Hyper Black. Looking for some quick opinions. Anyone have experience with Hyper Black? Trying to decide how this would like on the F14's? Examples of colors below. My car is Black.

Panamera wheel optios 13.jpg Panamera wheel optios 12.jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
In person I much prefer hyper black, but that's just me...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
+2 for the sec pic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Remember that we are voting on finish not necessarily the wheels. Yes, the second photo is the actual F14 wheel. The first photo is simply an example of Hyper Black. I think I would be the first to have Hyper Black on the F14 wheel. It is not a standard color for Forgestar.

·
Registered
469 Posts
second for sure out of the two.

·
Registered
411 Posts
hyper black, but only since your car is black. Black on black is so overdone now and it hides the wheel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm leaning pretty heavy on gloss black. I have red calipers behind the wheel to help break up the black. I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to consider a pinstripe or not? Below is a red pinstripe on a gray FY14 wheel for example. Mine would be gloss black and red. I was talking to Eli at Wheel Dynamics who is refinishing my wheels. He also thought a polished or brushed stripe would also be nice. Can't decide if I want a pinstripe or keep it all black like the photo below?

Panamera wheel optios 24.jpg Panamera wheel options 6.jpg

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I would go with all black no stripe.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I like the second pic :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
pinstripe prett sweet but with red calipers might be too much.... You can always add the stripe pretty easily down theroa... Not so much take it away. Theres many ways to install a temp red stripe. Id have them painted, add a temp. Decide whats best and have the stripe added i you chose it as the way to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've decided against the stripe and going gloss black just like the photo of the FY14's on the Panamera above. With the red calipers behind it should be enough to offset all the black. Can't wait to have the wheels finished.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts