Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know I am an idiot right?

I am planning on getting married in March/April next year and would like to get a completely badass baller watch to wear down the aisle. She gets a badass ring, I think a badass watch is fair, right? So what are some good ideas for a watch for around $600-800.

I prefer a bigger face but not huge strap, neutral colors.

Thanks L4P.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really bad at this watch game, so any suggestions would be great, especially with pictures of specific models haha. I know nothing, except the little that Wes has taught me.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i say the groom shouldn't wear a watch on his wedding day. a watch is a tool to tell time and keep appointments. on your wedding day why such a concern?

i know i'm in the minority on this, so to respond to your question a Lum-Tec or Dievas.

·
7,022 Posts
i say the groom shouldn't wear a watch on his wedding day. a watch is a tool to tell time and keep appointments. on your wedding day why such a concern?

i know i'm in the minority on this, so to respond to your question a Lum-Tec or Dievas.
Ban Hammer (just teasing). A watch has NOTHING to do with time in this scenario. Its about looking good no matter the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
great site....love their selection of pre-owned...however....before I would even consider them, are they a sponsor? Has anyone else dealt with them?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
do you want the whole bling bling appeal, or a nice quality watch?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you want the whole bling bling appeal, or a nice quality watch?
A nice mixture of both, however I would lean more towards a classy look. Bling bling has its place but I think classy and sleek will be better. Chances are my tux will be a light gray as well.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
there should be a number of pre owned pieces in that price range with class. I like the tag recommendation above - slightly more than your budget but that's a great looking piece.

congrats on the wedding.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If you want new, I would suggest Lum-Tec(a site sponsor, discounted) or a Hamilton. You can't go wrong either way. If you want pre-owned, there are a lot more option out there.

Have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a text, Drew.:)

·
Registered
938 Posts
movado for classy and bling in your budget.

·
7,022 Posts
As much as I hate to agree about Movado, it prolly is close to what you are looking for. Also, check out Tissot; very nice watches for the $.

But, here is another idea: buy a Rolex/Panerai/even AP with the $ you save by skipping the honeymoon :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
As much as I hate to agree about Movado, it prolly is close to what you are looking for. Also, check out Tissot; very nice watches for the $.

But, here is another idea: buy a Rolex/Panerai/even AP with the $ you save by skipping the honeymoon :)
haha
Im pretty sure if he runs buying a pricey watch instead of an extravagant honeymoon by his wife.. that marriage is gonna be very short term

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well aside from the watches and all the badass-ery, just wanted to says congrats!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys for the congrats and some suggestions....any other ideas? I REALLY like the Lum-Tec's I've seen but always looking for other ideas.

·
Registered
604 Posts

watches are cool, but honeymoons are way cooler if you know what I mean.:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts