Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can only say this from the last decade of riding in the North Ga Mountains. It is totally not a safe place to be anymore on the weekends. If you want to go to jail, deal with tourists, be behind slow Fer's and wrecks then have at it. All the You Tube videos and weekend warriors have made a police presence beyond anything I have seen in the last decade. This weekend I saw in chronological order...

1. Motorcycle accident (BMW's)
2. A group of bikes pulled over (crotch rockets)
3. Another group of bikes pulled over (crotch rockets)
4. A small group of cars pulled over (tuners)
5. A motorcyclist on the pavement from a wreck (older guy on a historical bike)
6. My ass getting lasered while doing 110+ by 2 State Patrols
(still can't believe I jammed both of them)
7. A massive police presence overall

Here is the conversation between me and the SP...
SP= Mr. XXX, am I saying that right Mr. XXX
Me- Yes sir that is correct
SP= Mr. XXX did I scare you so bad that you had to lock it up like that on GA HWY 358?
Me= Absolutely Sir
SP= Laughter
Me= Nervous laughter
*we both laughed for about thirty seconds but I'm just playing along he was probably laughing at my GPS
SP= All right I'm gonna write you a warning for speeding
Me= Yes Sir
*he walks to his patrol car
Wickedlysane= Holy shit the top speed on the GPS
*I erase it immediately and switch to map and started to think
Me= Once he sees my MVR there is no way he is giving me a warning
SP= Alright Mr. XXX here's your license and you're gonna slow down
right?
Me= I'll use cruise the whole way home Sir
*I did

With this I recant my wanting to drive after C&O. I suggest that all of you use jammers if your state allows them.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I totally thought ^^ was going to jail. We were certainly going faster than we had all day, and I had been on the lookout once we got off the mountains...to the right I see the 2 state troopers, and had only enough time to say "RIGHT THERE!" as the jammer alerts went off.

As the trooper is talking, I glance over and see the top speed (which we had **JUST** set) plain as day on the GPS. So glad Mr. Trooper didn't lean into the car.

It was a fun day, even if I didn't get the STi vs. supercharged Z06 run on video.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You soooooooooooo lucked out on that one bro!
And you won't catch me up there on a weekend after that story, gonna save the speed for a tuesday morning.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
haha, nice... i live in clemson, so i am not too far from that area... we need to go to the dragon one day

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
You soooooooooooo lucked out on that one bro!
And you won't catch me up there on a weekend after that story, gonna save the speed for a tuesday morning.
we absolutely saw more cops yesterday on a really short run than I think we've seen in all previous runs combined. They had it out for the guys on bikes, only saw one car pulled over.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sadly, our whole state has become over ran by cops. You cant put down the gas even on other highways or places with out being pulled over. Its getting really out of control. My friend owns a ferrari, we decided one time to just rev it at a stop light and take off (not at a fast speed) and we got pulled over and ticketed. So ya no more having fun.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
What jammer do you have? How easy are they to install and how do you know if you have them installed correctly? I have been thinking about getting one.
M30 blinders. Flawless. As soon as I spotted them and did my co-driver duty and yelled "There!," the jammer alert went off, then the V1 alert. He braked hard, got within acceptable speed, and flicked the jammers off.

IDK about the installation, the given instructions are pretty succinct. If you can do wiring, you can do it yourself.

I do believe (google rather than trust me) that they only react to actual laser, not some falses like a V1 will. There are a lot of sites that can tell you more, I'm too lazy to do that now.

And with regards to speed - Gwinnett county (ours!!) lost the ability to use radar and laser equipment as of 01-01-11. Why No Radar or Laser Guns to Catch Gwinnett Speeders? | Duluth News
Technically, State Patrol can still issue citations, but 3.5 weeks into the year, I've yet to spot a single one running traps. Additionally, the 2 cities in the county (2nd largest in GA) that can use speed detection devices are rural areas, and not places we ever are driving.

Do not take this post to mean we are going WOT from red light to red light. Those who do like to take a spirited drive, understand the use of the equipment in discussion. No one likes an LEO encounter to harsh your driving adrenaline mellow - all fun is done when no one else is around.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
depends on the direction you go. I go to Highlands, North Carolina pretty regularly having a cabin in sapphire valley and go all the way up GA400 and never pass cops. I never see any the whole way actually. I-575 going to Blueridge is a diff story

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
depends on the direction you go. I go to Highlands, North Carolina pretty regularly having a cabin in sapphire valley and go all the way up GA400 and never pass cops. I never see any the whole way actually. I-575 going to Blueridge is a diff story
We usually go by way of Dawsonville, hit the premium outlets, then go through Dahlonega, Wolf Pen's Gap and Helen. This encounter happened on the way home, just driving, on a flat straight.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
We usually go by way of Dawsonville, hit the premium outlets, then go through Dahlonega, Wolf Pen's Gap and Helen. This encounter happened on the way home, just driving, on a flat straight.
ahhh. every now and then I go the 85 route but 400 is just 4 turns the whole way.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly, our whole state has become over ran by cops. You cant put down the gas even on other highways or places with out being pulled over. Its getting really out of control. My friend owns a ferrari, we decided one time to just rev it at a stop light and take off (not at a fast speed) and we got pulled over and ticketed. So ya no more having fun.
Were you in Suwanee, GA? They always do fvck shit like that. Fvck You Suwanee. Come out with us... we always put the hammer down.

Our county can't give speeding tickets right now unless they follow you for .5 of a mile. I've been waving at them passing at double the speed limit; however, that's just Gwinnett county.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What jammer do you have? How easy are they to install and how do you know if you have them installed correctly? I have been thinking about getting one.
No speeder should be with out them. I use the Blinder system, I have older and newer and both work flawlessly. How you place them is they key though. Every car has their own weaknesses to lidar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Reppin Suwanee county here....LOL

The past few times I've been to Blood Mountain I haven't seen any cops. When I went it was pretty quiet. The first time I went with a rather large group and we saw a couple cops.

We need to schedule a mountain run/cruise some time soon.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reppin Suwanee county here....LOL

The past few times I've been to Blood Mountain I haven't seen any cops. When I went it was pretty quiet. The first time I went with a rather large group and we saw a couple cops.

We need to schedule a mountain run/cruise some time soon.
Don't front, I go all the time. :) I will not go on the weekends though because it's amateur days...
You're right though, we do need more L4Pers to show up. To show up for anything to be exact. We have a group of us but it's small.

I am close to Suwanee... too close. Suwanee is a nice place but the cops suck. I refuse to patronize Suwanee anymore unless it's booze. Even then I go to the far side of the bridge.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts