Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentleman,
I am a Vette guy at heart. However, the daily is a Gen-4 LS1 Vert.
I hate it.
I need wheels for it, but am tired of the Z06 look on them, and want to see what your running out there that sets them off.
Please post a pic of the car with wheels, and if you know the prices lets hear the 411.

(FOR SALE BTW) ask if interested, its bone stock white/blk top, unmolested, auto, loaded. 02'. CLEAN.

I have recently considered purchasing a set of 1 piece ADV's for the car.
I dont want to break the bank though. Not even sure they have a fitament for it. :confused:

POST SOME PICS OF YOUR GEN-4 (98-02) CAMARO

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Gentleman,
I am a Vette guy at heart. However, the daily is a Gen-4 LS1 Vert.
I hate it.
I need wheels for it, but am tired of the Z06 look on them, and want to see what your running out there that sets them off.
Please post a pic of the car with wheels, and if you know the prices lets hear the 411.

(FOR SALE BTW) ask if interested, its bone stock white/blk top, unmolested, auto, loaded. 02'. CLEAN.

I have recently considered purchasing a set of 1 piece ADV's for the car.
I dont want to break the bank though. Not even sure they have a fitament for it. :confused:

POST SOME PICS OF YOUR GEN-4 (98-02) CAMARO

DONE!

·
Registered
591 Posts
In terms of visual bang for the buck, look at the TSW Nurburgring wheel. It's made with the correct bolt pattern, just have to check the offsets. I haven't seen any on a 4th gen, but I think they'd look good.

I have a friend with a 4th gen that has Fikse FM5s on it. Looks killer, and kind of "period correct" as well. I can produce a picture of that if need be.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
haha, i am glad you dont like the zo6 wheel... its soooooo overplayed...

i kept the stock rims on my trans am. i had the 30th anniversary, so they were blue...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I seen a 4th Gen with those EVO wheels in person... they look amazing in person. Lower that LS1 and those wheels and you will be one happy person. ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I had a brain fart... this is a friend's of mine 4th gen Camaro. The wheels are Ruff Racing... 18 all around. I think they look really good. Even thought I always like 5 spoke.

Oh yeah i took those photos a while back too! That's probably why I forgot about it...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Funnily enough, the reason that you don't like Vossen is the exact reason that I love them. They are subtle so the car the attention and then you take a second glance and go "Wow, those wheels just tie it all together."
IMO

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have only seen 1 set Vossen that make the car "POP". They deter from the cars aggressive look (depending on car style). IMO.
If your ULTRA conservative then they are for you. (Not you specific, IMO again.) I am not a "bling" guy, but yeah, when it need to stand out, then make it stand out. Wheels kill or bring a car to life and make it stand out. Bottom line, I am the ADV, 360 forged kinda guy. I am into pushing the limits of almost too much, but perfect once they are on. I ran a set of 20" 3 piece on my C5 "Symbolics" SL1, It was an on edge move, but with the right LOW profiles and the right drop in altitude it set the car in a league all its own. I had hundreds of compliments and even a pic made it to a website for wheels. I like bigger and bling, but the clean, conservative, right kind. Not the rapper style or the constantine wagon type. Although, on trucks it can look tight in the upsize with the right drop.
Its all personal preference, bottom line, do whatcha like..

Keep the pics rollin in guys, needing ideas to buff up the daily.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Since your car is white, i gotta post this one b/c it actually does look pretty clean. They are 18inch zr1/ss replicas...real ones are 17 inch only.

I had an itch for a SS for a little while so i bought a silver hardtop, here are a couple sets of wheels i had on it.

Bogart RR10's 17x9.5 and 17x11 - i think these cost me around 3k, i can't remember, bought them 5 or 6 years ago.

Fikse Aro's 18x9.5 and 18x11 - these were 4500 i think, i had them built as a set of street wheels for my road race z06, then i put c5r fenders on the back and they were useless...i just ran around on the race wheels with slicks...anyways, i slapped them on this car for a while. They fit with a little massaging of the inner rear fender with a really big hammer. If you give Danny a holler up there, he is running a special right now, 2700ish (normally 3400) for 17's and 3400ish (normally 4500) for 18's.

Here are some other favorites of mine...

Fikse FM5

Fikse FM10 (white car)

CCW Classic

A couple more you might like

CCW SP500

CCW 505a

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you go ccw make surr to either paint or chrome those wheels. I had them in my old z06 and they are a pita to keep clean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts