Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've stayed in gatlinburg a few times, we used to stay there when we would go down that way to ride our motorcycles. I would suggest renting a cabin/house. We did that every time that we stayed there and it's a great value compared to a hotel. A lot of the houses have great features too like a hot tub, pool table etc. As well as great views of the mountains.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The cabins are great for those reasons but I prefer to stay on the strip. The Hilton isn't bad but I usually stay at The Edgewater. It's straight from the 70's but I love the balconies right over Little Pigeon River. Leave the door to the balcony cracked at night and you can hear the river...I'm ready to go back!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even think of a cabin! What a great idea. But I do like the idea of staying on the strip. Thanks for all the input. And thanks to saintv90 for the great links.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
A cabin is the best bet - bring your own booze, also. I'm pretty sure Sevier county is still dry.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Gatlinburg isn't dry. There is a bar on the strip. They also sell moonshine and give out samples now! The moonshine shop is new. I believe is was opened by some attorneys and took three years to get the liscense. It recently opened and is the only place licensed to sell it. Just some interesting facts, if you're into moonshine, lol.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
^^ didn't know that - haven't been there in AGES, good to know for future reference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts