Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gah, so awful! My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected, hope no one on here was affected! :(

At least 53 homes gone, many critically burned and injured, and some killed :(

Gas-line blast in San Bruno - neighborhood burns

(09-09) 22:03 PDT SAN BRUNO -- With a thunderous roar heard for miles, a natural gas line explosion ripped through a San Bruno neighborhood shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday, sending up a geyser of fire, critically burning residents and igniting a blaze that gobbled up more than a dozen houses.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
My friend updated his status on Facebook like 10 minutes after it happened. Craziness! I hope everyone in the area is safe and the long term effects for those in the immediate area aren't too bad. It's all over Anderson Cooper 360 right now.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Holy craziness. Thanks for the live feed. That is very tragic. :(
RIP to all who died and a speedy recovery to everyone in that area. That's 15mins from me :bitenails:

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
all kinds of no bueno, PG&E (pacific gas and electric) is notorious for being overwhelmed, understaffed and proving shitty serviced along with high rates, horrible customer service...

this only makes everything worse!
my thoughts go out to all those effected, still waiting to hear back from a few friends :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to all affected... I have a lot of friends up there working and I pray for them too.. though its their job, things cant be unseen.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Worst case scenario for any neighborhood with high-pressure lines (which is quite a few).

Thoughts are with those affected and those working.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hats off to CDF and all the other firefighters. This could have easily gotten out of control.

Still waiting to hear back but from the webcam it looks like my friend's parents house was just nearly spared. My thoughts go out to all the families effected.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
The video and pictures are unbelievable...thoughts to all those involved and those waiting to hear from friends and family.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Taken from a few friends FB. If anyone feels like helping out, PM me and I'll send you their contact information.

"HELP: Two of our friends have lost their homes to the San Bruno explosions/fires. One family has 5 children and the other has two children. The ages of the the girls are 2,4,13 the boys are 10,12,14,16. If anyone can donate clothes it would be greatly appreciated. If you can help, leave a message to, email ([email protected]) or call athena (650-xxx-xxxx) . Thanks."

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I was passing the airport on my way home when it happened. One of the scariest things I have ever seen. The ball of fire was enormous!!!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I saw a big cloud os smoke yesterday when I was coming back from farmers market. I didn't realize it was from this until my wife put the 2 together :bitenails:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
all kinds of no bueno, PG&E (pacific gas and electric) is notorious for being overwhelmed, understaffed and proving shitty serviced along with high rates, horrible customer service...

this only makes everything worse!
my thoughts go out to all those effected, still waiting to hear back from a few friends :(
this happened to home over in this area, they called pge and they said theyde be back in a couple days to fix the leak, but it was to late and it leveled the home to toothpicks.

i was riding th e mootorcycle and went through an intersection by my house that smelled of gas BAD. it took them 3 days to respond. its just ridiculous, its a damn gas line dont put it off.

my thoughts go out to those affected, just tragic.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I've been watching the aftermath on KRON-4 this morning and it's just unbelievable how much destruction in a matter of 12 hours. Condolences go out to the familes and the people affected by this.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
My folks just retired and sold their home of 35+yrs literally last Thursday, less 2 blocks away on the other side of SB ave (just behind the pic my buddy took below). Used to do top speed runs down Glenview right over the location of the crater on my bmx back in the day. Knew several folks from HS who used to live in the affected areas, but not sure who still lives there today. Very sad when our infrastructure fails in a catastrophe like this...

Last night followed the fire tac, s&r on my scanner since the local media was vague as usual...some of the channels are streaming on this page...
San Mateo County, California (CA) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts